Gas detector

Gas scare incident under investigation

Reported by Stephen | 18 Jul, 2014

An investigation is underway at QGC’s Matilda John well-site following an incident where a worker’s personal gas detector was activated last Friday morning.

Hendra virus risk on workers and animals

Reported by Haydee | 05 Jun, 2012

Eleven people have been exposed to the fatal Hendra virus at two Queensland properties. This was confirmed after two horses had died last week; one at Ingham, north of Townsville and one near Rockhampton on Saturday. According to The Australian, authorities conducted health assessments on the owners and veterinarians of the two horses that died …

Workers evacuate building site after scaffolding almost collapsed

Reported by Haydee | 04 Jun, 2012

About 100 people were evacuated from an eight-storey building site in Parramatta, in Sydney’s west after the scaffolding almost collapsed today. The Daily Telegraph reports that firefighters were called to Macquarie Street after receiving reports that the scaffolding on the building site had come to loose about 11.40am and was starting to bow. NSW Fire …