04:52 pm, Wednesday 13 March, 2013
Comcare is now accepting nominations for the 2013 Work Health and Safety Awards.
The awards program has been expanded this year to cater nominations to relevant approved rehabilitation providers and individual claims managers operating within the Comcare scheme, such as the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and those managing claims on behalf of licensees.
The awards recognise and reward excellence in workplace health and safety, rehabilitation and return to work achieved by individuals and organisations covered under the Comcare scheme.
Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards 2013 categories:
- Category one – Workplace Health and Wellbeing Initiative
- Category two – Workplace Health and Safety Management System
- Category three – Solution to an Identified Workplace Health and Safety Hazard
- Category four – Individual Contribution to Health and Safety
- An individual
- An individual with responsibility for WHS as part of their duties
- Category five – Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Category six – Rehabilitation and Return to Work Management
- Category seven – Individual Contribution to Rehabilitation and Return to Work
- Category eight – Claims Manager of the Year
The awards provide the opportunity for persons and organisations to highlight their achievements and show their commitment to workplace health, safety and rehabilitation.
Nominations will close on Wednesday, 17 April 2013. Winners will be announced during a gala dinner in Canberra on 18 September 2013.
More information about the Awards is available on Comcare’s page.