11:56 am, Wednesday 27 June, 2012
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) issued an electrical safety recall for a selection of HPM white extension leads. The extension leads were sold nationally between 1 March and 14 June 2012 in Mitre-10, Officeworks, Dick Smith Electronics and Big W.
According to NT WorkSafe Executive Director Laurene Hull, the wires in the leads were accidentally transposed during manufacture, which means the pins on the plug may not be wired to the proper aperture on the socket. This may lead to a risk of an electric shock.
Those who have purchased the extension leads are advised to immediately unplug the item and stop using them.
Consumers are also advised to contact the HPM Legrand Australia call centre on 1300 369 777 (selecting option 1) from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. They are also requested to have the potentially affected product with them when making the call.
More information can be found in the Product Recall Safety Notice.