VIC: Fire Interrupts Construction Work in School

Reported by Admin | 12 Nov, 2010

Construction work in a college in Bendigo has been halted after a fire broke out at the construction site on Wednesday. Students had to be evacuated after about 300 polystyrene cubes caught fire around noon. Greg Stead, CFA station officer, said a spark from an oxy acetylene cutter may have started the fire. “That sort …

SA: Court Convicts Scrap Dealer Over Site Blast

Reported by Admin | 26 Jul, 2010

The Industrial Relations Court of South Australia has convicted and fined the owner of a defunct scrap metal business over a workplace explosion in 2007. The former scrap dealer was fined $11,250 on July 22 for violating s19(1) of the Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Act 1986. The incident left an employee with severe burns …