DMP Found Kimberly Gas Valve Deliberately Damaged

Reported by Admin | 16 Jan, 2015

Following the investigation launched by the Department of Mines and Petroleum or DMP, the agency found out that the gas valve at a fracking site in the Kimberly region was deliberately damaged.


Gas Leak Closes Melbourne’s Collins Street

Reported by Admin | 07 Jul, 2014

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade said that a gas leak occurred at Collins Street in Melbourne after excavators disturbed a construction site, busting a gas pipe on Saturday.

ANU Lab Shut Down Because of Gas Leak

Reported by Admin | 24 Dec, 2013

The ANU emergency crews have given the all clear following a gas leak in their laboratories this morning that set off their alarms. Three pumpers, the Hazardous Materials Unit, a breathing apparatus van and two commanders attended the site in North Road at approximately 2am. The ACT Fire and Rescue vented the gas and then …

Business charged over tradesman’s death from gas explosion

Reported by Haydee | 15 Jan, 2013

Photo: SafetyCulture Library A company has been charged over a gas explosion which killed a tradesman in December 2011. The Darwin-based company could face fine of up to $650,000 once the Northern Territory Work Health Authority secures a conviction. According to NT News, the company appeared in Darwin Magistrates Court on Monday and was charged …

Refrigeration mechanic dies from exploding van

Reported by Haydee | 12 Dec, 2011

A refrigeration mechanic died from serious injuries after a van exploded in a suspected gas leak in Melbourne’s south-east this morning. The victim who was in his mid-20s was leaving for work when the accident happened outside his home at Stadium Circuit at Mulgrave. Arson and explosives squad Detective Senior Constable Mick Cashman said that …

NSW: Chemical Giant Confesses To Delaying Leak Alert

Reported by Therese | 02 Oct, 2011

Chemical company ORICA has admitted that it had been negligent in alerting the state authorities and the public as soon as one of its factories suffered a gas leak. The incident, which took place last August 8 in Stockton, threatened a residential neighbourhood as the leak supposedly emitted cancer-causing fumes. The government, through its Environment …