paramedics

Worker injured in industrial site blast

Reported by Stephen | 19 Jan, 2015

A man has been taken to hospital in a critical condition following an explosion at an industrial site in the Central West region of New South Wales, approximately 254 kilometres west of the state capital, Sydney.

paramedics

Worker suffers severe burns in NT petrol blast

Reported by Stephen | 24 Sep, 2014

A petrol station worker is nursing severe burns to his hands, face, and abdomen following an explosion at a petrol station on the Stuart Highway in the Northern Territory.

Three Vic Police Hurt in Explosion While Welfare Checking

Reported by Admin | 06 Jan, 2014

Three police officers were injured during an explosion at a Middle Park flat on Saturday night; the two injured policewomen are in a serious but stable condition after they underwent emergency surgery. The two policewomen, along with an experienced male senior sergeant, accessed the flat to complete a welfare check on a man in his …

Worker Critically Injured in Sydney Explosion

Reported by Admin | 04 Oct, 2012

A 26 year old contractor was severely burned today in an explosion at a NSW government building in Sydney. He was working on the 52nd floor of the building when there was an explosion and 90-95% of his body was burned. According to ninemsn he was transported to St Vincent’s in a critical condition. The …

Worker burnt after item he was disposing exploded

Reported by Haydee | 24 Feb, 2012

Photo: Bill Hearne Source:The Daily Telegraph A worker at a domestic airport suffered burns to his face when an item he was disposing exploded overnight. The Daily Telegraph reports that the 20-year old victim was disposing of the can into a bin when it suddenly self-ignited. NSW Ambulance Inspector Michael Corlis said they will try …

Pizzeria owner saved from Carlton restaurant blast

Reported by Haydee | 06 Jan, 2012

A restaurant owner was able to escape death after fumigation cans exploded in his restaurant this morning at around 10am. The Herald Sun reports that the 39-year old owner set off around 10 fumigation cans in the restaurant when the explosion happened. The fumes ignited from the motor of a single door fridge in the …