Electricity - Working Around SWMS_200x200px

Young electrician electrocuted in Dallas

Reported by Haydee | 05 Jan, 2016

A young electrician has been electrocuted while working on the roof of a retail outlet in the northern suburb of Dallas in Melbourne’s north on Tuesday afternoon.

Worker Electrocuted by Power Lines in NSW

Reported by Admin | 02 Sep, 2013

An Essential Energy worker died at around 10.30 this morning after being electrocuted by power lines near Forster in NSW. Ambulance crews were unable to revive the 47-year-old man and he died at the scene. Essential Energy is working with the NSW Police and WorkCover NSW to investigate the incident. Power was interrupted to about …

Cover Up Alleged Over Handyman Electrocution

Reported by Admin | 04 Jul, 2013

The Glebe Coroner’s Court was told at an inquest yesterday that the Sydney handyman that was electrocuted while installing air conditioning in a bakery in December 2010 was not accredited to undertake electrical work in Australia. Allegedly the owner of the bakery, immediately after the incident, reconnected the power cable that the man had been …

Apprentice Worker Electrocuted at School Campus

Reported by Admin | 13 Dec, 2012

An accident that took the life of a 20-year-old worker yesterday morning is under investigation by Workplace Health and Safety Officers. The apprentice electrician was working inside the ceiling of the student services building at a school campus when he apparently came into contact with live wires. The accident happened at about 8.10am. Neil Noble, …

Tradesman Receives Electric Shock in Perth CBD

Reported by Admin | 20 Oct, 2012

A tradesman working in the basement of a St Georges Terrace building in the Perth CBD received an electric shock about 1.30 yesterday from a switchboard. The man reportedly suffered minor burns to his arms and face and was transported to the Royal Perth Hospital in a stable condition. Apparently a fire started as a …

Shocked worker saved by Gold Coast lifeguard

Reported by Haydee | 07 Mar, 2012

The hero lifeguard Stuart Keay. Photo: Brisbane Times A construction worker was revived by a Gold Coast lifeguard after being shocked by 11000 volts of electricity on a building site on Tuesday. Brisbane Times report that the lifeguard was patrolling Mermaid Beach when he was called to help the victim. “My friend who is a …