06:44 pm, Wednesday 23 January, 2013
Photo: SafetyCulture Library
A chemical facility based in Villawood has temporarily shut down after several workers fell ill at the site.
According to AAP, paramedics were called to the facility after fumes were detected outside the building on Monday morning.
A NSW Ambulance spokesman said there were a few people who were treated for dizziness, vomiting and nausea but have refused to be taken to the hospital.
The company confirmed that seven of their employees were referred to the hospital for precautionary tests. They also said they have notified the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA), WorkCover and emergency services.
Workers struck with nausea were assured that the chemical leak will have no lasting health effects.
The facility will remain closed while investigation is being conducted.