In an ongoing dispute over asbestos importation in Australia, Queensland Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace reacted to Border Protection Minister Peter Dutton’s interview on Sydney radio station 2GB on Thursday
Queensland is calling on the Commonwealth to implement tougher controls over asbestos importation in Australia.
The latest Australian Work Exposure Study (AWES) evaluates workers’ likelihood of potential exposure to 38 known or suspected carcinogens likely to be used in Australian workplaces.
Asbestos testing is being undertaken on a demolition site in North Melbourne.
The latest Quarterly Report tabled in the Legislative Assembly recently shows that the Asbestos Response Taskforce has exceeded its target in removing loose fill asbestos insulation “Mr. Fluffy”.
Mr Moloney said ensuring the health and safety of workers and the public were the number one priority of the RHH Redevelopment.
The Victorian Government will establish an agency to focus on the removal of asbestos in government buildings including hospitals and schools.
In a comprehensive genomic analysis using over 200 tumors, researchers from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and scientists from Genentech have discovered previously unknown genetic alterations, including some that may be clinically actionable, as well as others which may improve diagnostics, screenings, and predictions about outcomes for patients.
As part of efforts to raise community awareness during asbestos month, homeowners thinking about pre-Christmas home renovations are being warned to arm themselves with information about the risks of inadvertently disturbing asbestos.
A new asbestos campaign focusing on the importance for tradespeople to identify asbestos before commencing work will be launched on Sunday, 22 November.
A contract plumber revealed that he was exposed to asbestos while working at HMAS Albatross on the South Coast.
WorkSafe WA Commissioner Lex McCulloch assured workers and the public that it is safe to resume work at the site.
A National Plan on Asbestos Safety and Eradication has been launched.The plan was launched last week following a meeting of State and Territory Ministers.
The Workers’ Compensation Dust Diseases Board is not being axed. This was what Mr Vivek Bhatia, Chief Executive Officer of Safety, Return to Work and Support clarified in a statement.
A union claims that several maintenance workers at a refinery in Kwinana were exposed to asbestos.
A new report from Safe Work Australia shows that while deaths from the deadly disease continue to rise, fewer cases of mesothelioma have been diagnosed.
A new guide has been produced for people working on properties which contain loose fill asbestos insulation.
Former Manning Base Hospital workers were notified for a screening for asbestos-related illnesses after an Industrial Relations Commission conference which took place just this week.
A property to test positive during the Heads of Asbestos Coordination Authorities (HACA) loose fill asbestos investigation has been identified .
Asbestos has been identified in an array of materials used at the ageing Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) prompting health workers at the said hospital to call for a new building instead of redeveloping the hospital.
As Asbestos Awareness Week begins this week, a new website with easy to access information on asbestos has been launched.