A National Plan on Asbestos Safety and Eradication has been launched.The plan was launched last week following a meeting of State and Territory Ministers.
The Workers’ Compensation Dust Diseases Board is not being axed. This was what Mr Vivek Bhatia, Chief Executive Officer of Safety, Return to Work and Support clarified in a statement.
A union claims that several maintenance workers at a refinery in Kwinana were exposed to asbestos.
A new report from Safe Work Australia shows that while deaths from the deadly disease continue to rise, fewer cases of mesothelioma have been diagnosed.
A new guide has been produced for people working on properties which contain loose fill asbestos insulation.
Former Manning Base Hospital workers were notified for a screening for asbestos-related illnesses after an Industrial Relations Commission conference which took place just this week.
A property to test positive during the Heads of Asbestos Coordination Authorities (HACA) loose fill asbestos investigation has been identified .
Asbestos has been identified in an array of materials used at the ageing Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) prompting health workers at the said hospital to call for a new building instead of redeveloping the hospital.
As Asbestos Awareness Week begins this week, a new website with easy to access information on asbestos has been launched.
The first International Conference on Asbestos Awareness and Management conference sponsored by the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency on 17-18 November was a great success.
The first Australian International Conference on asbestos awareness and management will take place on 16th to 18th November at Crown Melbourne Southbank Victoria.
More and more Western Australians are diagnosed with mesothelioma at an alarming rate.
The Dust Diseases Tribunal has ordered BHP Billiton to pay $2.2 million in compensation to a former employee who was exposed to asbestos.
Worksafe Tasmania has reported that several workers on the Parliament Square development project in Hobart have been exposed to deadly asbestos.
An electrician working at The Lodge which is undergoing extensive renovation was reported to have been exposed to asbestos.
Firefighters battled through thick smoke and asbestos presence fears as they struggled to contain a raging blaze at a disused factory in Melbourne on Monday morning.
Redevelopment work at the Parliament Square building site in Hobart came to a stopped after union members complained about the presence of harmful asbestos at their workplace.
A number of businesses could potentially be closed for months after asbestos was found in a building in the inner north commercial precinct. Work Safety Commissioner Mark McCabe said it is believed that the asbestos was found in the roof of the building however additional tests need to be conducted to establish the extent, levels …
Photo: SafetyCulture Library Unions are worried that ten years after asbestos has been banned in Australia, its importation still continues. According to ACTU Assistant Secretary Michael Borowick, making the country asbestos-free by 2030 is unlikely to happen at this rate. “The goal of an asbestos free Australia by 2030 cannot be reached if an ineffectual …
The Education Department was taken to court by WorkSafe Victoria and “ordered to lift its game following a series of safety breaches” according to a report in The Age, as a result any schools that contain asbestos will have to have warning signs at their front gate. The breaches were at three Victorian schools that …
“Losing Breath” is an initiative of the Queensland government and is a film that talks about Adam Sager, a fit young man who died from mesothelioma at the age of 25. In the film, Adam’s family talks about how they accidentally exposed Adam to asbestos when he was 18 months old when they were renovating …