11:50 am, Tuesday 5 June, 2012
Lodging an application to the awards is very easy and takes just 10 minutes to do online.
WorkSafe’s Return to Work project manager, Danielle Jacobs, said the awards were a great way for people and organisations helping injured workers get back to work to be recognised for their outstanding contributions and innovations.
“We’re looking for return to work entries from across the state. They could be big or small businesses – standout workers, rehabilitation providers, health practitioners and coordinators as well as return to work success stories.
“While helping an injured worker to return safe, sustainable work sooner is good for business and its good for the worker, many individuals and businesses go above and beyond what’s needed.
“This is something that WorkSafe wants to recognise and celebrate.”
Winners will be recognised at the 2012 WorkSafe Awards ceremony in October.
WorkSafe Awards return to work categories:
- Employer excellence: This category recognises, at an organisational level, an employer’s outstanding efforts to support the return to work of an injured worker(s) to safe and sustainable work.
- Occupational rehabilitation provider achievement: This category recognises an occupational rehabilitation consultant’s (from an approved provider) outstanding achievements in returning an injured worker(s) to safe and sustainable work.
- Return to work coordinator excellence: This category recognises an individual Return to Work Coordinator’s outstanding achievements in returning an injured worker(s) to safe and sustainable work.
- Treating health practitioner achievement: This category recognises a treating health practitioner’s outstanding achievements in returning an injured worker(s) to safe and sustainable work.
- Worker return to work achievement: This category recognises a worker’s outstanding achievements in returning to work following a workplace injury.
Interested applicants can contact Hema Anand (9641 1652), Vera Mert Ilijin (9641 1703) or Danielle Jacobs (9940 4283) for assistance with award applications. More information can be found at the WorkSafe Awards website.