Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A trench has collapsed on a worker at a northern Sydney building site.
A man was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a machinery incident at a worksite in northern New South Wales.
The electrical contractor responsible for a young worker’s death when he was electrocuted in a workplace incident in February 2012 has been sentenced to seven years’ jail time.
South Australia’s workplace health and safety regulator determined the Gayle Woodford’s death was not linked to the night-time on-call work she was tasked to do.
A cattle station owner has been charged over the death of one of its workers in the Barkly Region in 2016.
WorkSafe is investigating an incident in which a man was seriously injured after a truck exploded at a Western Australia workplace.
Also Making News
- Mar| Worker dies at Rockhampton meat works
- Mar| Collaborative partnership takes national approach to deliver better outcomes for workers with health conditions
- Mar| Queensland safety regulator issues reminder on safe handling of glass sheets
- Mar| Man injured in welding explosion west of Sydney
- Mar| WorkSafe Victoria lays charges over swim school injury
- Mar| Total removal of asbestos is the only safe way to reduce risks of exposure, study reveals
- Mar| Lawyer representing worker who died in Canberra construction site in 2012 call for case to be referred to prosecutors
- Mar| Transport workers dominate workplace death toll
- Mar| Pair airlifted after quad bike crash in North Queensland
- Mar| Bitumen and asphalt plant safety review in Queensland
- Mar| Review of the model WHS laws
- Mar| Pilot injured in light plane crash near Gympie
- Mar| Safety alert reminds NSW workplaces of the precautions required when carrying out hot work
- Mar| Week-long forklift safety blitz launched
- Mar| Safe Work Australia members respond to mid-term review of the Australian Strategy