Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A teenage boy has been taken to hospital following a quad bike crash in central Queensland.
The penalties are consistent with the national model Work Health and Safety Act.
A 20-year-old apprentice has died while working inside an open-ended tank in Melbourne Thursday morning.
NT WorkSafe is reminding all Territorians to focus on safety during October for National Safe Work Month.
Two businesses have been fined more than $200,000 combined, after a worker fell two stories on a Sydney construction site.
Western Australia’s safety regulator is encouraging home and business owners to check their residual current devices (RCDs), which is the compulsory life-saving switches that protect against electrocution as it automatically stops the electricity supply when they detect a fault.
Also Making News
- Oct| Charges laid over cadet’s serious injuries
- Oct| Mines Safety Roadshow kicks off in Kalgoorlie
- Oct| National Safe Work Month 2018 launched
- Oct| Make safety a priority, urges workplace relations minister
- Oct| Safe Work and Return to Work Awards 2018 winners recognised
- Oct| Young boy killed by tractor in northern Victoria
- Oct| Territorians urged to take a moment to focus on safety this October
- Oct| Toowoomba-based drilling company shortlisted for Safe Work and Return to Work Awards
- Oct| Resources Regulator accepts enforceable undertaking following Mangoola Mine incident
- Oct| Cow puts man in hospital
- Sep| First round of recipients of the Mental Health Improvement Fund announced
- Sep| Company fined over worker’s hand amputation
- Sep| Annual Mechanical Engineering Summit to Focus on Safety
- Sep| Man airlifted after falling from roof in South East Queensland.
- Sep| Man fined $16,500 over 2015 tree felling incident