Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A man has had his foot amputated after a workplace incident in southern Queensland.
A poultry farm in Victoria has been fined $230,000 after a man was killed in a workplace incident more than two years ago.
A new research reveals that one in three Australians are “socially jet lagged”, with 31 percent of those surveyed saying that the time they sleep is more than an hour out of sync with their body clock on weekends compared with work nights.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland released a health and safety alert following an incident last month where a six-tonne pre-cast concrete wall panel fell from the seventh floor of a building under construction.
A man has been taken to hospital after he fell from a roof in south east Queensland.
The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter was called to a rural property in northern New South Wales on Sunday afternoon.
Also Making News
- Jul| WorkSafe investigates Forrestfield rail tunnel incident
- Jul| Best practice review of workplace health and safety in the NT
- Jul| Work-related fatality figures updated
- Jul| Man crushed by bull in north-west Queensland
- Jul| Two mine workers injured after being struck by falling material
- Jul| New WorkSafe headquarters opens in Geelong
- Jul| Exploration safety information session in Perth
- Jul| Theme for this year’s National Safe Work Month announced
- Jul| Worker injured after falling through ceiling south of Townsville
- Jul| Safety alert on articulated truck rollovers released
- Jul| Managing workplace stress through meditation and mindfulness
- Jul| ACT employers urged to make safety a priority this winter
- Jul| Gardeners urged to prioritise electrical safety
- Jul| Two men injured in Smithfield factory fire
- Jul| Safety alert on using zip ties in securing components outside of personnel and material hoists