Asbestos_Safety_Working_in_Roofs_SWMS_200x200px__87213.1410915918.220.220

Darwin-based building company charged for illegal asbestos removal work

Reported by Haydee | 04 Oct, 2017

It is alleged that the company was contracted to refurbish three properties and allowed unlicensed workers to remove asbestos from two of the properties in October and November 2015. The workers were allegedly given no training or appropriate safety equipment, despite knowing the properties contained asbestos.

gavel_Activedia-1

Grain cooperative fined after worker’s serious hand injury

Reported by Haydee | 27 Sep, 2017

The cooperative pleaded guilty to failing to provide and maintain a safe work environment and, by that failure, causing serious harm to an employee, and was fined in the Southern Cross Magistrates Court last week.

gavel_Activedia-1

Vic builder fined over death of apprentice

Reported by Stephen | 07 Sep, 2017

A Moorabbin building company and its director have been fined a total of $880,000 following the death of a 21-year-old apprentice at a Caulfield South construction site in August 2013.

gavel_Activedia-1

WA mining company fined for near miss

Reported by Stephen | 28 Aug, 2017

A Western Australian mining company has been fined $65,000 after a surveyor nearly reversed his Toyota Land Cruiser into a 19-metre deep open stope at Nickel Mine in the Goldfields on 2 April 2015.

worksafe-nz-logo

Companies charged over worker’s serious injuries

Reported by Haydee | 14 Aug, 2017

Two companies were both fined under New Zealand laws for failing to adequately assess and control the risks of working near live electricity after a trainee worker suffered serious burns three years ago.

Heights_NZ

Fire protection consultant fined for health and safety breach

Reported by Haydee | 10 Jul, 2017

Auckland, NZ, – A fire protection consultant in Auckland was fined $60,000 and ordered to pay reparation of $194,715 after pleading guilty to one charge under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 following an incident, wherein a worker doing fire alarm installation work fell from a ladder and is now tetraplegic.