A silo manufacturing company in Rochester has been fined $30,000 after a worker’s leg was crushed by a mobile crane, leading to its amputation.
A Gold Coast builder was fined $65,000 over an incident in which a carpenter was injured after he fell three metres through a staircase well in July 2015.
A commercial cleaning company has been fined $30,000 following an incident where a worker’s hand was crushed at a meat processing facility in Cobram, Victoria.
A Sydney builder has been fined $75,000 after a carpenter was seriously injured in a workplace incident in September 2015.
Victoria’s road authority and a construction company have been fined $1.55 million over a death of a traffic controller in 2011.
WorkSafe New Zealand warns the construction industry that workers injured due to the well-known risk of working at height will never be acceptable.
A houseboat manufacturer in Moama has been fined $61,500 after a worker suffered severe spinal injuries when he fell onto concrete while working on a roof.
A chemical distribution company in western Sydney has been fined $60,000 after two workers were injured in a workplace explosion in February 2015.
A building company in Doral has been fined $60,000 for failing to ensure the safety of a worker who was seriously injured during a fall.
A NSW business and its director have been fined $200,000 following a workplace explosion that left a man with severe burns.
A construction company in Sydney has been fined $300,000 for failing to manage a defective gate which fell on a worker, resulting in spinal and pelvic injuries.
A traffic management company has been fined $250,000 following a workplace incident that killed a traffic worker in February 2013.
The 45-year-old worker was crushed by an excavator at the company’s facility in Midcombe on November 26, 2016 when the excavator used to sort waste reversed and caught the worker’s foot. It knocked him down and he died at the scene.
A Canberra earthmoving company has been fined $60,000 by the ACT Industrial Court for a workplace safety lapse during the botched demolition of a Mr Fluffy house in August 2015.
A construction company in Toowoomba has been fined $75,000 and ordered to pay costs of almost $1,000 after a worker suffered a serious electrical shock on 25 November 2015.
A spray painting company in Wodonga has been convicted and fined $25,000 after a vacuum cleaner being used to clean up flammable liquid triggered an explosion in a confined space, injuring a worker.
A company and its director are facing charges for the death of a worker at a waste recycling facility in Yatala in November 2015.
WorkSafe New Zealand reminds employers to ensure their workers are using their health and safety equipment properly after a construction company was prosecuted over the injury of a contractor at a Wellington demolition site in March 2016.
A construction company has been fined $35,000 after a member of the public got trapped in a hole at a housing construction site.
A marble and granite distributor has been convicted and fined $90,000 after a storeman was crushed under slabs of porcelains on February 8, 2016, leaving him a quadriplegic.
A construction company has been fined $24,000 for allowing a crane to operate near high voltage powerlines without carrying out the proper pre-work safety assessment.