01:49 pm, Tuesday 30 November, 2010
A report by the coroner and workplace safety officials has recommended no charges be laid following a workplace death which occurred last year.
The victim, 18, was crushed to death by the forklift he was operating during a shift at a meat-processing department at an abattoir at Dinmore.
He had worked there for about six weeks.
An investigation by Queensland Workplace Health and Safety (WPHS) officials was initiated straight after the incident.
“A thorough investigation was undertaken by workplace, health and safety inspectors into this tragic incident,” a spokesman said in a statement.
“After full consideration of all the relevant factors of the matter by Workplace Health and Safety legal officers it was determined that charges would not be laid.”
They said the victim’s family are aware of the report’s findings but the confidential WPHS report will not be made public.
A Queensland Coroner’s report has also investigated the matter.
“The matter was investigated by the Coroner. The Coroner has finalised his investigation,” a spokesman said