Winners of the Tasmania 2016 WorkSafe Awards have been recognised during a Gala Presentation Dinner at The Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston on Friday.
Held annually, the Awards aim to recognise Tasmanian businesses showcasing their achievements and innovative work.
A transport company was declared Overall Winner in the 2016 WorkSafe Tasmania Awards surpassing all entrants this year. Merseylink developed a program, which is available across multiple depots. The program includes healthy social and fitness activities to improve staff health and friendships.
The WorkSafe Awards highlighted the importance of making safety a priority in the workplace regardless of business size and operations. It has been celebrated annually since 1996.
The WorkSafe Awards categories and winners for 2016 are:
Best work health and safety management system
- Award Winner: Bell Bay Aluminium
Best solution to an identified work health and safety issue
- Award Winner: The Department of Health and Human Services, North Eastern Soldiers Memorial Hospital (NESMH)
Best work health and safety practice/s in a small business
- Award Winner: Mendelssohn Construction
Best individual contribution to work health and safety
- Individual Award Winner: John Goram, Tasmanian Networks
WHS Award Winner:
- Martin Judd, TasWater
Best injury management and return to work program
- Award Winner: Nyrstar
Health and safety representative of the year
- Award Winner: Nigel Cure, TasWater
Commitment to a workplace health and wellbeing program
- Individual Award Winner: Jessica Kingston, MyState Bank
- Organisation Award Winner: MerseyLink
Overall Awards winner
- Winner: MerseyLink