Victoria’s new Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) regulations 2018 will commence on 25 October 2018.
The new regulations reflect changes that have been made nationally for the transport of dangerous goods. The changes to the regulation will align with national and international standards for the transport of dangerous goods.
The changes will also benefit Victorian businesses by reducing regulatory burden for the transport of lower risk dangerous goods by removing duplicate compliance requirements for explosive component transport.
The following will be affected by the changes:
- Those that hold or require a dangerous goods vehicle or driver’s licence
- Transport empty dangerous goods packaging
- Transport dangerous goods in limited quantities
- Transport constituents of a bulk ammonium nitrate-based explosives to manufacturing sites
- Transport cylinders
- Are involved in packaging design
- Want to seek an exemption or administrative determination or approval
More information about the changes can be obtained by contacting WorkSafe ‘s advisory service between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 1800 136 089, or by emailing them through firstname.lastname@example.org.