A woman suffered serious injuries while working with a chainsaw west of Tenterfield.
The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter was called to the scene Tuesday afternoon to airlift the woman aged in her 70s.
She was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics before being flown to Lismore Base Hospital for further treatment.
WorkSafe WA recommends the following safety tips while working with chainsaws-:
- Keep people and animals away from the working area.
- Make sure there is a second person within calling distance.
- Use the saw to cut only wood.
- If tired, stop the saw and rest a little.
- Avoid using a chainsaw in wet or windy conditions or in poor light.
- Wait a few minutes for the motor to cool before refuelling.