SafeWork SA investigates painting booth fire


Photo: jarmoluk, Pixabay

SafeWork SA is investigating an incident on Tuesday, in which a fire broke out in a spray booth at a business establishment in Pooraka while workers were spraying.

It is believed that a worker has been smoking while a spray gun was being used.

This incident prompted SafeWork SA to remind those working with spray paint to make safety a priority.

“SafeWork SA reminds anyone working with spray that organic solvents within the paint are flammable, and the act of spraying increase the risk of fire and explosion because of the solvent vapour in the air. Sources of ignition include matches, lighters and cigarettes and other open flames,” the safety regulator stated in an incident alert.

“The National Code of Practice for Managing Risks of Hazardous Chemicals in the Workplace can be found here.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *