SafeWork NSW is now accepting entries for the 2017 SafeWork Awards.
The SafeWork Awards recognise businesses and individuals who have improved safety and injury management in their workplace through innovation, forward thinking and positive change.
“The Awards are an opportunity for businesses with a safety culture and commitment to protecting the health and safety of their workforce to showcase their achievements,” said SafeWork NSW Executive Director, Peter Dunphy.
“But workplace safety is everyone’s responsibility and with awards across six categories, it’s a chance for both individuals and businesses to demonstrate how they have reduced injuries and improved safety in their workplace.
“Whether you are an employer or a worker, and regardless of your industry, occupation or background, if you have created a safety culture in your workplace, I urge you to enter the awards.”
There are six categories open to any business, individual or not-for-profit organisation operating in NSW:
- Excellence in workplace health and safety culture (small or large business)
- Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue (small or large business)
- Best individual contribution to workplace safety
- Excellence in recovery at work for business
- Recovery at work achievement award for injured workers
- SafeWork NSW leadership in safety
Entries close Friday, 21 July 2017. Winners will be announced at a black tie ceremony and dinner on 26 October at Doltone House, Hyde Park.