Worker dies after suffering electric shock in Sydney


Photo: SafetyCulture Library

A man has died in hospital after being electrocuted while working on powerlines in Sydney’s Lower North Shore.

The incident happened on Tuesday.

Paramedics treated the man at the scene before transporting him to Royal North Shore Hospital in a critical condition.

He died on Wednesday morning.

SafeWork NSW said the 39-year-old man was electrocuted while working on a cherry picker.

The safety watchdog confirmed that an investigation is now underway into the cause of the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *