Worker electrocuted on roof of Sydney factory

paramedic-compressed-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Photo: SafetyCulture Library

A 24-year-old man has died after being electrocuted at a factory in Sydney’s south-west.

Emergency services were called to a factory on Regent Crescent, Moorebank about 2pm Monday following reports of electrocution.

The man was working on the roof of the factory alongside four other men when he was fatally electrocuted.

The four men were rescued from the roof of the factory, while a 24-year-old man remained there unable to be freed until the power was turned off.

One man was taken to Liverpool Hospital to be treated for burns to his legs.

The three other men were treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance paramedics.

Emergency services were able to reach the 24-year-old man after power to the building was disconnected, however, he was unable to be revived and pronounced dead at the scene.

SafeWork NSW is investigating the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *