Worker burnt after item he was disposing exploded


Photo: Bill Hearne Source:
The Daily Telegraph

A worker at a domestic airport suffered burns to his face when an item he was disposing exploded overnight.

The Daily Telegraph reports that the 20-year old victim was disposing of the can into a bin when it suddenly self-ignited.

NSW Ambulance Inspector Michael Corlis said they will try to establish what exactly happened during the incident.

The victim was given first aid by Airport staff and NSW Ambulance officers.

“We are giving him some pain relief and treating those burns to his face and then we’ll take him to St Vincent’s Hospital,” said Inspector Corlis.

“He’s in a stable condition.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *