Pizzeria owner saved from Carlton restaurant blast

A restaurant owner was able to escape death after fumigation cans exploded in his restaurant this morning at around 10am.

The Herald Sun reports that the 39-year old owner set off around 10 fumigation cans in the restaurant when the explosion happened. The fumes ignited from the motor of a single door fridge in the kitchen.

He read the flammable warnings on the can but did not expect that electrical items could also cause the fumes to ignite.

The establishment’s front window and back door were shattered during the explosion. This is according to Metropolitan Fire Brigade commander Darren McQuade. A back roller door as well as some iron sheets was also destroyed.

The restaurant had been temporarily closed for renovations during the time of the blast.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>