Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A plumbing company has become the second business to be convicted and fined over an incident in which an apprentice suffered serious burns when he made contact with powerlines.
WorkSafe WA released a new safety alert following a serious incident at a mechanical workshop involving the ignition of a flammable liquid.
High job strain is associated with an increased risk of developing common mental health issues such as depression and anxiety amongst middle-aged workers, according to new research led by the Black Dog Institute.
A pyrotechnics worker and three children have been injured after fireworks at a rural show in Darwin malfunctioned.
A contractor in Perth was fined $160,000 over the deaths of two labourers caused by falling concrete tilt-up panels at a construction site.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety’s monthly safety and health snapshot has been released with exploration health and safety data as the focus.
Also Making News
- May| Company and director fined for safety lapses at Esperance worksite
- May| WorkSafe ACT now issues spot fines to target falls from heights
- May| Perth trucking company fined over workplace deaths
- May| WorkCover Queensland updates lower limb surgery guidelines
- May| SafeWork SA welcomes ICAC’s investigation of Royal Adelaide Show incident
- May| New strategy to support Victorian principals’ health and wellbeing
- May| Worker death toll climbs
- May| Understand and avoid electrical hazards in roof spaces
- May| Man fined over botched asbestos removal job
- May| NT WorkSafe accepts enforceable undertaking from construction company
- May| Farm tractor incident kills man in western Victoria
- May| Pilot and instructor critical after Orange plane crash
- May| New study shows FIFO workers face mental distress
- May| Health risks to transport workers revealed in new study
- May| Companies fined for unsafe scaffolding