Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
NT WorkSafe has accepted a proposed enforceable undertaking from A Darwin tiling company.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland released a safety alert to highlight the risks caused by exposure to respirable crystalline silica (RCS) for workers in engineered stone benchtop manufacturing, finishing and installation industries.
A man has been injured in an incident involving machinery at a sugar mill in north Queensland.
Safe Work Australia is offering between $2,000 and $20,000 to support projects that will improve occupational health and safety for workers.
WorkSafe is verifying safety inspection on over 60 Raimondi cranes as investigations into last week’s Box Hill incident continues.
An enforceable undertaking by a Darwin tiling company and its director to spend more than $34,000 on outcomes that would improve the health and safety of workers, rather than face prosecution over a 2016 workplace incident has been accepted by NT WorkSafe.
Also Making News
- Sep| NSW firm fined after fatal workplace incident
- Sep| Partnership to deliver mental health message to construction workers
- Sep| Three companies charged over pedestrian’s death
- Sep| DMIRS 2018 Safety Roadshows start next month
- Sep| Melbourne recycling centre charged over missing machine guards
- Sep| Australians urged to take a moment to consider workplace safety
- Sep| Workplace fatality figures updated
- Sep| Queensland 2018 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards Finalists Announced
- Sep| Crane owners and operators urged to conduct safety inspections
- Sep| Quarry operator charged over death of worker in Gippsland
- Sep| Chainsaw injury sends woman to hospital
- Sep| WorkSafe Tasmania Month 2018 theme aims to raise awareness about new challenges facing Tasmanian workers
- Sep| Two deaths and one life-threatening injury in one day in Victoria
- Sep| WorkCover WA Strategic Plan 2018-21 Approved
- Sep| Shining the Spotlight on Electrical Safety