Declining job security in coal mining has been identified as a major mine safety risk factor in a new survey of 1,000 Queensland coal miners.
Bullying can be bad for workplace safety. A new study found that bullying bosses are not just bad for employee morale but can also worsen workplace safety.
Farm Safety Week aims to highlight some of the practical steps farmers can take to improve worker health and safety on farms.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
The Victorian Farmers Federation is urging farmers to take extreme care when using quad bikes, install an operator protection device and consider alternative, safer farm vehicles.
WorkSafe WA will conduct a proactive inspection program to look at safety standards and issues in commercial kitchens.
A man has been injured in a tractor incident in the Upper Hunter Region.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is investigating an incident in which a seven-year-old was crushed to death by a tyre at a workshop in southwest Queensland.
WorkSafe WA has developed a checklist to highlight safety issues for workers in schools.
WorkSafe reminds all employers to make sure machinery at work is safe to use to protect workers from injuries.
Also Making News
- Aug| Fact sheet on legal protection for mature workers released
- Aug| Man airlifted after becoming trapped in farming machinery
- Aug| Man killed in quad bike incident northwest of Narrabri
- Aug| Fund allocated to reduce violence and aggression in WA hospitals
- Aug| Man fined for assaulting WorkSafe inspector
- Aug| Campaign aiming to protect road workers launched
- Aug| Worker dies after falling from ladder in north-eastern Victoria
- Aug| WorkSafe New Zealand completes important part of Northwood gas explosion investigation
- Aug| Demolition company fined following fall incident
- Aug| Vic employers urged to secure worksites during extreme winds
- Aug| Elderly man flown to hospital after cattle grid incident
- Aug| Shepparton fruit company fined after finger slice incident
- Aug| Tools for Tradies Forum Launceston
- Aug| Mining company to fund $1M for safety improvements following 2017 safety incident
- Aug| Farm company director convicted for directing a worker to lie during a work health and safety investigation