Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
The 2018 Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference will be held at the Star Gold Coast from August 19 to 22.
Study reveals adverse health effects on workers & families of employer’s off-hours email expectations
A new study found that employer expectations of work email monitoring during nonwork hours are detrimental to the health and well-being of not only employees but their family members as well.
A man has been injured in a quad bike incident in the southern Downs region.
A man has been killed in a tractor incident in far north Queensland.
The Department of Mines Industry Regulation and Safety is reminding people that the public comment period on proposed changes to Work Health and Safety laws closes on 31 August.
RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has airlifted a man after he fell off a ladder and hit his head at his workplace, south-west of Gatton.
Also Making News
- Aug| Truck driver injured in cattle-loading incident
- Aug| Worker killed in vehicle rollover
- Aug| Reminder on storage water heaters safety
- Aug| Man transported to hospital in serious condition after falling from ladder in New Zealand
- Aug| WorkSafe Victoria lays charges over occupational violence in residential care facility
- Aug| New checklist highlights safety issues in machinery and equipment repair and maintenance workplaces in Western Australia
- Aug| Vehicle rollover kills worker in north-east Victoria
- Aug| Finalists for the 2018 Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards announced
- Aug| Dangerous goods officers to join upcoming agricultural shows to provide safety information
- Aug| NT WorkSafe investigating Darwin Festival incident
- Aug| New industry action plan for four identified industries to reduce workplace injuries
- Aug| Partnership between safety inspectors and apprentices to improve electrical safety
- Aug| New Zealand man in critical condition after becoming trapped under silage bale
- Aug| Dangerous goods officers to provide safety information during agricultural shows in Western Australia
- Aug| Major changes to safety standards for theme parks and amusement rides in Queensland announced