The battle to prove that Agent Orange has cost lives of workers exposed to it continues. Photo: Unsplash, Pixabay
A small mistake could lead to tragic consequences.
This week is National Farm Safety Week and an ideal time to encourage a better safety culture in Australian farms to prevent injuries and fatalities. Photo: SafetyCulture
Former WA agriculture minister Kim Chance says a fresh look is needed into the long-running case of herbicide poisoning in Kimberley.
It’s a common workplace issue – the fear of pointing out a mistake committed by someone senior to us. In some cases, however, staying silent could lead to deadly outcomes.
Broadacre farms will be the focus of work safety visits in the months to come.
Research shows organisations that prioritise safety are among the most profitable and that embracing a culture of safety throughout your farming operations increases productivity besides reducing fatalities and injuries.
WorkSafe inspectors will visit construction sites across Perth’s northern suburbs from Joondalup to Yanchep, in the last week of August, to check safety standards.
WorkSafe Victoria will be relocating to Geelong, with the first group of staff moving in late 2016.
A WA-based mining company has been fined $30,000 after it was sentenced in Perth Magistrates Court on Monday.
A man is recovering in hospital after being injured by a forklift in southeastern Queensland on Tuesday morning.
A fly-in-fly-out worker and a medical student are currently travelling across Australia to encourage people to speak up about depression and anxiety and to seek help.
Also Making News
- Jul| Call to replace quad bikes with side-by-side vehicles
- Jul| Farmer escapes injury after crop duster crashes in Queensland
- Jul| Free workplace mental health programs for WA grain growers
- Jul| Prison workers need more support due to unsafe work
- Jul| Pilot hurt after light plane crashes in Perth
- Jul| Truck Driver Injured in Single Vehicle Roll Over
- Jul| Initial NSW workers compensation survey results released
- Jul| New online tool provides employers with relevant information on workers compensation
- Jul| Transport industry: Synthesis of research findings report available now
- Jul| Airport Workers Treated After Being Exposed To Chemical
- Jul| April 2015 Notifiable Fatalities Monthly Report released
- Jul| Driver Survives Crash After Truck Smashes Fence, Damaging Line
- Jul| Truck Driver Killed In Fatal Truck Crash