12:21 am, Wednesday 11 December, 2013
Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Investigation into the death of two workers at a Tasmanian mine will be focusing on whether the victims were wearing safety harnesses.
According to ABC News, the two workers were maintenance workers who had been standing on a platform 600 metres below the ground in the main shaft before they fell.
Inspector Matthew Richman of Tasmania Police said they will find out whether the victims had safety harnesses on.
“That’s going to be a significant part of the investigation, together with what the circumstances were at the time,” he said.
SafetyCulture reported on Monday reported the casualties in the Tasmanian west coast mine. The workers aged 25 and 45 died from injuries they sustained in the fall which was deep underground.
Mining has been suspended indefinitely while investigation is ongoing.