20 percent of people aged 18 to 29 used cannabis in the last 12 months; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Prolonged sitting poses serious health risk; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
The Australian Mesothelioma Registry (AMR) has released its third annual report that shows rates of new cases and deaths from mesothelioma in the country.
A new survey from the Australian Drug Foundation revealed that one in ten workers take sick days or are affected by drugs at work.
A new study conducted by researchers led by Professor Leon Straker of Curtin University revealed that excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has announced the recall of Infinity and Olsent-branded cable after the brands failed electrical safety standards due to low quality plastic insulation coating.
In preparation for the Royal Adelaide Show, safety inspections will be conducted to ensure worker and patron safety across the showgrounds.
A man has been killed after being struck by a falling tree branch in Logan, Queensland on Saturday afternoon.
With better training and renewed focus on leadership and consultation, some of the hazards in using forklifts can be addressed properly. This is according to a forum conducted recently, which looked at forklifts and their interaction with pedestrians.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland will host a symposium to discuss musculoskeletal disorders in March 2015.
A company has been charged in relation to a 2011 workplace incident that claimed the life of a mine worker.
Also Making News
- Aug| Workers escape injury as cherry picker breaks down
- Aug| Worker injured after being trapped under steel pipes
- Aug| Worker Dies at Workplace After Suffering Head Injury
- Aug| Road train driver dies after cross loading incident
- Aug| Workers injured after gas cylinder explodes
- Aug| Seminar on workplace bullying held
- Aug| Man seriously injured after being trapped under a truck
- Aug| Excavator overturns injuring driver
- Aug| WorkSafe’s Safety and Health Workshops 2014
- Aug| Alliance to ensure work health and safety
- Aug| WorkSafe investigating worker’s death at Kwinana
- Aug| Farmer Hurt After Getting Stuck Under a Tractor
- Aug| New Comcare chief begins work
- Aug| Cross Border Project promoting construction site safety