Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Queensland’s peak advisory Board to the Government on work health and safety issues, the Work Health and Safety Board, has developed a five-year plan to improve work safety in the state.
WorkSafe Victoria has recently opened an art installation constructed entirely of mirrors to challenge Victorians to view their workplace as a reflection of themselves.
The Tasmanian Government is providing $150,000 over three years to assist the Tasmanian Seafood Industry Council (TSIC) to promote maritime safety.
The 2018 WHSQ Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference will be held on 31 October 2018 at the Royal International Convention Centre in Brisbane.
A Melbourne electrical company has been fined $300,000 after an apprentice electrician died from electrocution while working at a Camberwell property in Victoria.
The NSW Government has yesterday launched a new workplace intervention program, a new website with free support and resources and additional funding to help drought-affected farmers living with mental illness and distress.
Also Making News
- Oct| Man injured in quad bike crash
- Oct| WorkCover Queensland scoops two national PIEF awards
- Oct| Health and safety awards winners announced
- Oct| Woman in hospital after quad bike rollover
- Oct| Perth construction worker dies after falling into trench
- Oct| Electrical safety inspectors to audit new and existing wiring installations in Queensland
- Oct| Flaws on handling assaults on teachers uncovered
- Oct| WorkCover WA Seminar
- Oct| New diesel engine exhaust toolbox resources now available
- Oct| 2018 WorkSafe Awards finalists revealed
- Oct| Tree lopper dies after being struck by falling branch near Waroona
- Oct| Man rescued after being trapped under tractor in western Victoria
- Oct| Safety alert on advertisers standing near roadways, roundabouts and parking areas released
- Oct| New dangerous goods regulations to commence next week
- Oct| Youngsters shine light on farm safety with calendar competition