Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A West Gosford chemical manufacturing company has been fined nearly $50,000 after a worker suffered first and second degree burns while mixing a batch of chemicals to make an adhesive product in 2016.
SafeWork inspectors issued 1,258 notices to stop or improve work processes during a 12-month construction industry blitz aimed at reducing falls from heights in New South Wales.
A worker has been seriously injured after his hand became trapped in machinery in south East Queensland Monday morning.
As the heatwave affecting NT continues, businesses and workers are reminded to take precautionary measures to protect their workers from heat related illnesses.
A plumbing business in Sydney has been fined $75,000 after the death of a worker following a fall through a warehouse roof in January 2016.
A WorkSafe WA proactive inspection program looking at safety in specific types of retail outlet in Perth and regional areas of the State has uncovered concerns with electricity, falls from height, manual tasks and emergency precautions.
Also Making News
- Dec| NSW mine operator fined for health and safety breaches
- Dec| SafeWork SA reminds employers to protect workers from summer heat hazards
- Dec| Three workers crushed by falling material on Gold Coast construction site
- Dec| New research finds a third of FIFO workers experience high levels of psychological distress
- Dec| Study finds stress affects one in three emergency workers
- Dec| Mining company fined over Cadia mine death
- Dec| Queensland farm fined $200,000 after worker fatally electrocuted
- Dec| ATV rider impaled by tree branch south-east of Dubbo
- Dec| 115 Australian workers killed on the job in 2018 so far
- Dec| WokSafe investigating workplace fatality at Kennington
- Dec| Winner of the People’s Choice Award Announced
- Nov| Amusement ride operator charged following child’s death
- Nov| Campaign focuses on retail and fast food safety
- Nov| Fall from ladder injures man at Maleny
- Nov| New chemical storage guide for workplaces released