Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins has recently released new figures showing that sexual harassment continues to be a major problem in Australian workplaces.
A farm operator in New South Wales has been found guilty for failing to provide a safe work environment following the death of a contractor during a dingo chase.
A new strategy launched by the NSW Government aims to reduce serious injuries and fatalities in the transport industry.
WorkSafe ACT is investigating an incident at a high rise residential construction site in Braddon on Wednesday evening.
SafeWork NSW is investigating an incident that occurred in South Windsor where a worker was welding on top of a vat when a flash over occurred.
NT WorkSafe has accepted a proposed enforceable undertaking from A Darwin tiling company.
Also Making News
- Sep| Safety alert on risks caused by exposure to respirable crystalline silica released
- Sep| Man injured in north Queensland sugar mill incident
- Sep| Safe Work Australia funding workplace health and safety projects
- Sep| Crane inspection continues following Box Hill incident
- Sep| Charges dropped against Darwin tiling company over workplace incident
- Sep| NSW firm fined after fatal workplace incident
- Sep| Partnership to deliver mental health message to construction workers
- Sep| Three companies charged over pedestrian’s death
- Sep| DMIRS 2018 Safety Roadshows start next month
- Sep| Melbourne recycling centre charged over missing machine guards
- Sep| Australians urged to take a moment to consider workplace safety
- Sep| Workplace fatality figures updated
- Sep| Queensland 2018 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards Finalists Announced
- Sep| Crane owners and operators urged to conduct safety inspections
- Sep| Quarry operator charged over death of worker in Gippsland