With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Remember: Risks are constantly evolving, make sure you keep an eye on your hazards and ensure control are added as needed to ensure the health and safety of everyone on site.
Everyday, we encounter instructions to guide us through performing a certain task in the preferred or correct way. Consider the ‘How to Handwash’ or CPR poster commonly found in workplaces and hospitals.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Results of world-first workplace psychological safety survey reveal frontline lower income-earning workers feel less safe
The study, The Australian Workplace Psychological Safety Survey examined 1,176 Australian workers and found that only 23 percent of lower income-earning frontline employees felt their workplace was “psychologically safe” to take risk than 45 percent of workers on higher incomes.
A doctor who was struck in the head outside Box Hill Hospital in Melbourne has died almost a month after the horrific incident.
A woman in her late 40s has died after falling from her horse in Victoria’s north west.
SafeWork NSW will spearhead a safety crackdown on the construction industry, following an increase in the number of serious work-related injuries on building sites in Sydney.
The briefing will focus on key safety issues which can put the lives of local pilots at risk when flying.
A carpenter has died after he fell from the first floor of a house north of Melbourne.
Also Making News
- Jun| Research review suggests high risk of obstructive sleep apnea among commercial drivers
- Jun| Electrical company and farming partnership fined following grain silo incident that endangered electrician’s life
- Jun| Large crane collapses at Perth building site
- Jun| Man injured in tractor rollover
- Jun| New research project to reduce farm injury rates to commence soon
- Jun| WA Government agrees to increase Mines Safety Levy and Mining Tenement Rents for 2017-18
- Jun| Woman airlifted after falling off horse south west of Sydney
- Jun| Man airlifted after being attacked by raging bull
- Jun| Traffic controller hospitalised after crash
- Jun| WorkSafe NZ investigating Hamilton workplace fatality
- Jun| New Infographic providing practical actions to help support worker following injury launched
- Jun| Construction company in NSW fined $90K for worker’s head injury
- Jun| Nine quad bike fatalities since start of 2017
- Jun| New truck stop to be constructed in Moe to boost road safety
- Jun| Farm worker dies after falling from truck near Geelong