Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Metro Trains has been charged after an apprentice was burnt while working on overhead powerlines between Box Hill and Blackburn train stations in April 2016.
Dairy farmers across the South Coast have participated in quad bike training aimed at improving farm safety.
A tree lopper was airlifted to hospital after he suffered serious injuries following an incident involving a tree near Maryborough Thursday morning.
WorkSafe New Zealand will soon introduce a major drive to reduce the number of injuries and deaths involving vehicles on farms.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) is leading a search and rescue operation about 35 km. north of Port Hedland in Western Australia this morning.
A new research blueprint has recently been published to help reduce deaths, serious injuries, and illness in NSW workplaces.
Also Making News
- Mar| September fatality figures released
- Mar| WorkSafe inspection program targets quad bikes
- Mar| Check for powerlines when operating heavy vehicles and machinery, reminds WorkSafe Victoria
- Mar| Safety concerns over gig economy
- Mar| Parents of young man who died while drift diving reacts to news of planned safety code
- Mar| Man impaled on fence after ladder fall in the Wide Bay–Burnett region
- Mar| Investigations underway after Queensland worker’s fatal skylight fall
- Mar| NZ food company sentenced following worker’s injury
- Mar| Study highlights mental health and well-being concerns of FIFO workers and their partners
- Mar| WorkCover WA Residential Construction Industry Seminar
- Mar| New campaign to improve work health and safety in NSW launched
- Mar| Move to ban combustible cladding in Victoria
- Mar| Emergency service provider fined $400K over paramedic’s overdose death
- Mar| Trench collapses on worker in northern Sydney
- Mar| Machinery incident leaves NSW man seriously injured