Image: Hilmi Hacaloğlu (VOA)/Wikimedia Commons
Firefighters risk lives to save people. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Australia records lowest work-related deaths in 11 years; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
An independent audit of the state’s mine safety system has uncovered critical gaps in Tasmania’s mine safety regulations.
Each year hundreds of Australian workers die from work-related injuries. Safe Work Australia recorded more than two thousand work-related deaths over the past eleven years. The agriculture, forestry and fishing industry recorded the highest number of fatalities in 2013 (49), followed by the transport, postal and warehousing (46) and construction (19) industries.
New data released by Safe Work Australia showed that Australian workplaces have recorded the lowest number of work-related deaths in 11 years.
In an interview with ABC Canberra, former Department of Defence employee Glann Smith said he found loose-fill asbestos in his office at Northbourne House in Canberra’s north.
A pilot and his passenger escaped with minor injuries when their light plane crash landed on football pitch at Runcorn, south of Brisbane Wednesday morning.
Workers have found a grenade at a Wodonga construction site.
An incident where a roofer fell six metres on to concrete and died at a construction site Tuesday morning is being investigated by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
A painting firm was fined $80,000 plus legal fees on Wednesday due to severe injuries that a 22-year old worker suffered while at work.
A house construction Demo Day will be held at Oran Park Town Centre on 12 August and WorkCover NSW is inviting all builders, sub-contractors and construction workers throughout the Macarthur District to participate in the event.
Also Making News
- Jul| WA Dangerous Goods and Petroleum Safety branch appoints new director
- Jul| Qantas plane’s aborted landing under investigation
- Jul| Quad bike accidents on the decline in Australia
- Jul| Comments on proposed measures to reduce security concern on toxic chemicals sought
- Jul| Review on the impact of WHS Act in SA to be completed in November
- Jul| Data shows farm injuries on the rise in South Australia
- Jul| International Air Transport Association promises to act on safety after a week of fatal accidents
- Jul| Hunter mine incident highlights need to have adequate risk management programs
- Jul| Search operations for missing seafarer ceased
- Jul| Stockman injured in cattle station incident
- Jul| Worker killed after trench collapses at Fortitude Valley worksite
- Jul| Man Missing After Falling Off Crude Oil Tanker
- Jul| Currimundi business goes up in flames
- Jul| Engineering Issue Forces Tigerair Plane To Divert Flight
- Jul| Cane Train Derails in Bundaberg