The battle to prove that Agent Orange has cost lives of workers exposed to it continues. Photo: Unsplash, Pixabay
A small mistake could lead to tragic consequences.
This week is National Farm Safety Week and an ideal time to encourage a better safety culture in Australian farms to prevent injuries and fatalities. Photo: SafetyCulture
Former WA agriculture minister Kim Chance says a fresh look is needed into the long-running case of herbicide poisoning in Kimberley.
It’s a common workplace issue – the fear of pointing out a mistake committed by someone senior to us. In some cases, however, staying silent could lead to deadly outcomes.
Broadacre farms will be the focus of work safety visits in the months to come.
WorkCover NSW will be participating at the Nyngan Ag Expo this Saturday, 1 August to educate people on the importance of keeping farms safe.
Australian businesses, industries, workers and the wider community are encouraged to share their views and comments on how explosives are regulated across the country, as well as on any issues differences in explosives legislation across Australian jurisdictions may have for them.
A man has been injured in a workplace incident on Monday morning at the Pike River Mine Site.
Research shows organisations that prioritise safety are among the most profitable and that embracing a culture of safety throughout your farming operations increases productivity besides reducing fatalities and injuries.
WorkSafe inspectors will visit construction sites across Perth’s northern suburbs from Joondalup to Yanchep, in the last week of August, to check safety standards.
WorkSafe Victoria will be relocating to Geelong, with the first group of staff moving in late 2016.
Also Making News
- Jul| Mining company fined for safety negligence
- Jul| Man injured in forklift incident
- Jul| Two men’s journey to promote mental health
- Jul| Call to replace quad bikes with side-by-side vehicles
- Jul| Farmer escapes injury after crop duster crashes in Queensland
- Jul| Free workplace mental health programs for WA grain growers
- Jul| Prison workers need more support due to unsafe work
- Jul| Pilot hurt after light plane crashes in Perth
- Jul| Truck Driver Injured in Single Vehicle Roll Over
- Jul| Initial NSW workers compensation survey results released
- Jul| New online tool provides employers with relevant information on workers compensation
- Jul| Transport industry: Synthesis of research findings report available now
- Jul| Airport Workers Treated After Being Exposed To Chemical