Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A crane driver has been charged with manslaughter after a fatal workplace incident which occurred in August 2016.
The parents of a ten-year-old boy who almost lost his life in a quad bike crash three years ago have joined the Queensland Government as quad bike safety advocates.
Mine inspectors from Karratha, Collie, and Kalgoorlie gathered together last week in Perth for the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety’s Mines Inspectors Forum.
Comcare continues to accept nominations for this year’s Work Health hand Safety Awards.
Report explores impact of emerging technologies and platforms on WHS and workers’ compensation in the next 20 years
A new study revealed that new technologies and ways of working will introduce new challenges for work health and safety
SafeWork NSW is investigating after a man was crushed to death by road working equipment in northern New South Wales.
Also Making News
- Apr| Farmer dies after being crushed by hay bale south of Adelaide
- Apr| $2.2 million fund for the safety of frontline health workers
- Apr| AMSA seeking comments on proposed changes to operational safety requirements for domestic commercial vessels
- Apr| $28M saving for South Australia’s premium paying employers
- Apr| Vic worker injured after rolling machine into ditch
- Apr| Mine operator fined $500K over worker’s serious injuries
- Apr| Queensland’s mandatory labour hire licensing laws to protect vulnerable workers
- Apr| Funding boost to put the safety of WA front line health staff first
- Apr| Man airlifted from southern Queensland after farming incident
- Apr| Public housing fire safety blitz in Victoria announced
- Apr| Sydney worker in critical condition after scissor lift incident
- Apr| Farm incident leaves man seriously injured
- Apr| Nominations for Resources Sector Awards for Excellence closing soon
- Apr| Low loader incident leaves Vic man with serious injuries
- Apr| Man in hospital after forklift incident in north Queensland