Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Paramedics were called to a Burringbar property in the Tweed Valley after a man was injured in an incident involving a power tool.
A man suffered head and neck injuries after a mustering incident west of Bundaberg.
WorkSafe Victoria is reminding employers and workers to focus on safety in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
The ACCC has recently released the Quad Bike Safety Issues Paper and is seeking feedback from stakeholders including manufacturers, dealers, workplace safety experts, researchers, farmers and quad bike users on a range of issues and options.
A man has died after being stung by a swarm of bees in regional Victoria.
A new narrative review recently published in the Medical Journal of Australia says the lack of data on occupational lung diseases in Australia is hampering the development of targeted interventions and timely identification of new hazardous exposures.
Also Making News
- Nov| Sydney construction company fined over female worker’s injuries
- Nov| Traffic management company fined after workplace death
- Nov| Farmer killed in tractor incident in far north Queensland
- Nov| Proactive inspection program to focus on safety issues in parks and gardens
- Nov| Useful advice for construction and mining workers dealing with stress during the festive season
- Nov| Western Australians urged to put safety first when transporting dangerous goods
- Nov| Man dies after falling into woodchipper near Gympie
- Nov| WA miners urged to guard against heat stress
- Nov| Man airlifted after a cow trampled him
- Nov| Quad bike rider airlifted after incident near Tamworth
- Nov| Jobs at Home Day campaign reminds workers of what is most important
- Nov| Waste management company fined $300,000 after worker killed in excavator incident
- Nov| Man airlifted after being crushed by a 7 tonne air compressor
- Nov| Machinery operators reminded to stay powerline safe
- Nov| NSW business leaders commit support to mentally healthy workplaces