The presence of powered mobile plant in workplaces presents a range of hazards that have the potential to cause harm to people or damage property.
Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work related injuries and deaths in the construction industry.
People who work near or with vehicles and mobile plant are at risk with incidents involving moving plant frequently linked to injuries and deaths.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
After warning business owners and operators across South Australia to prepare for extreme weather, SafeWork SA released a few tips to help employers to ensure the safety of workers during severe weathers.
Dangerous Goods officers conducted a dangerous goods safety workshop for children in Aboriginal communities.
Researchers from the University of Melbourne say current coal dust exposure regulations are not backed by scientific evidence, following the re-emergence of black lung in Queensland.
The Awards aim to recognize outstanding contributions to workplace health and safety and return to work.
Employers are being reminded to protect workers from falls from height.
A farmer has been trampled by a horse in an incident at his property in south west Queensland.
Also Making News
- Sep| Union urges government to invest on injury prevention to protect paramedics
- Sep| New workplace health and safety literacy and numeracy programme funded
- Sep| Business owners urged to prioritise safety as storm approaches
- Sep| NT WorkSafe urges participation in Safe Work Month
- Sep| Excavator collapses into Coolangatta apartment building
- Sep| Grim stats put workplace safety in spotlight
- Sep| Workers hospitalised after Sydney crane collapse
- Sep| SafeWork warns against cutting old drums
- Sep| Frontline workers dealing with meth users to receive training
- Sep| New guide to managing risks of carcinogenic chemicals in the workplace released
- Sep| Safewards rolled out to help provide safe environment to mental health workers
- Sep| Young workers susceptible to workplace injuries
- Sep| WorkSafe Victoria investigating Ballarat workplace incident