20 percent of people aged 18 to 29 used cannabis in the last 12 months; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Prolonged sitting poses serious health risk; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
The Australian Mesothelioma Registry (AMR) has released its third annual report that shows rates of new cases and deaths from mesothelioma in the country.
A new survey from the Australian Drug Foundation revealed that one in ten workers take sick days or are affected by drugs at work.
A new study conducted by researchers led by Professor Leon Straker of Curtin University revealed that excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
A company has been charged in relation to a 2011 workplace incident that claimed the life of a mine worker.
Two painters had to endure close to three hours of agony after they were left dangling several storeys in the air when their cherry picker developed a mechanical fault.
A worker is nursing serious leg and shoulder injuries after being trapped under heavy steel pipes at a Melbourne factory on Thursday afternoon.
A worker in Newcastle has reportedly died after he suffered from a head injury at a workshop in the suburb of Waratah Tuesday evening.
A road train driver has died from injuries sustained in a cross loading incident at the Gracemere Saleyards Tuesday morning.
A gas explosion has rocked a Sydney south restaurant injuring three workers.
Also Making News
- Aug| Seminar on workplace bullying held
- Aug| Man seriously injured after being trapped under a truck
- Aug| Excavator overturns injuring driver
- Aug| WorkSafe’s Safety and Health Workshops 2014
- Aug| Alliance to ensure work health and safety
- Aug| WorkSafe investigating worker’s death at Kwinana
- Aug| Farmer Hurt After Getting Stuck Under a Tractor
- Aug| New Comcare chief begins work
- Aug| Cross Border Project promoting construction site safety
- Aug| NSW Worker Critical After Roof Fall
- Aug| Caretaker Remains Missing as Fire Hits Steel Factory
- Aug| Man crushed to death in workplace incident
- Aug| New app for injured workers now available
- Aug| New safety measure: visible tags required in Canberra’s Mr Fluffy homes