Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A new standard aimed at improving safety outcomes for isolators used in renewable energy installations has been developed.
SafeWork NSW has issued a safety alert reminding workers of the potential risks from a bacterial infection called leptospirosis, and the measures that they should implement to control the risks.
In celebration of the National Farm Safety Week from 16-22 July, SafeWork SA will launch an intensive social media campaign aimed at ensuring the safety of farmers and rural workers at work.
A coal mine in Hunter Valley that has been nominated for a safety award is in forced shutdown due to safety concerns.
Ambulance paramedics were called to a construction site in the Gold Coast to treat a man who had been injured in a workplace incident.
Western Australian firefighters will be provided with lifesaving fire crew protection through the government’s commitment to providing more than $8.7 million funding to the rollout of the crew-cab protection program.
Also Making News
- Jul| New safety taskforce to protect stone industry workers from silica dust
- Jul| Man’s foot amputated after workplace incident north-west of Toowoomba
- Jul| Victorian poultry farm fined over worker’s death
- Jul| One in three Australians suffer from “social jet lag”, study says
- Jul| Queensland safety regulator issues safety alert following precast wall panel failure
- Jul| Roof fall puts worker in hospital
- Jul| Quad bike rollover leads to airlift
- Jul| WorkSafe investigates Forrestfield rail tunnel incident
- Jul| Best practice review of workplace health and safety in the NT
- Jul| Work-related fatality figures updated
- Jul| Man crushed by bull in north-west Queensland
- Jul| Two mine workers injured after being struck by falling material
- Jul| New WorkSafe headquarters opens in Geelong
- Jul| Exploration safety information session in Perth
- Jul| Theme for this year’s National Safe Work Month announced