Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is reminding employers to supervise apprentices during flood recovery activities.
A man has been injured after he became trapped in a skid-steer loader during a worksite incident in Turner.
Recent vehicle rollover incidents in New Zealand prompted Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace to remind Queenslanders to heed quad bike safety warnings.
A handyman in Frankston has been ordered to pay back over $150,000 and handed a one-year suspended jail sentence after defrauding Victoria’s workers compensation scheme.
A toilet paper manufacturer received a sentencing decision in the Manukau District Court on Tuesday after a worker was hurt on inadequately guarded machinery.
A man is recovering in hospital after being impaled by a bull at a rural property in South Australia’s Mid North.
Also Making News
- Feb| Worker electrocuted on roof of Sydney factory
- Feb| Prosecution of animal feed producer highlights work health risks
- Feb| Man injured in quad bike crash in far north Queensland
- Feb| Victorian food retailer fined over return-to-work offences
- Feb| New online publication for workplace safety and health in WA
- Feb| Worker trapped in bobcat at Sydney wrecking yard
- Feb| Tree trimmer electrocuted at Hughesdale
- Feb| SafeWork issues warning against assaults on safety inspectors
- Feb| Removal of chemical stockpiles commences
- Feb| Woman suffers serious injuries after being scalped in workplace incident
- Feb| Help and advice for young workers starting a new job
- Feb| Worker impaled after falling at Gosford construction site
- Feb| Victorian workplaces urged to make safety a priority in 2019
- Feb| Man killed in quad bike incident in New Zealand’s North Island
- Feb| A fine of $475K imposed following safety threats