Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
SafeWork NSW is bringing Safer Communities, Safer Towns to the Nambucca Valley.
NT WorkSafe is investigating an incident in which a 31-year-old electrician suffered serious crush injuries after he was pinned by an electrical switch board weighing approximately 1.5 tonnes.
A mine worker has died and several others injured following an underground collision at a central Queensland mine.
Queensland contractors are being reminded to ensure electrical work is inspected and tested correctly.
Paramedics were called to Cape Gloucester Wednesday morning after a man fell from a tree in a worksite incident.
A vegetable farm in Gippsland has been convicted and fined $80,000 following an incident in which a contractor was struck by a forklift.
Also Making News
- Feb| WorkSafe NZ announces partnership with Young Farmer of the Year competition
- Feb| Mental health boost for NSW workers
- Feb| Safe Work Australia seeks comments on workplace exposure standards
- Feb| Man trapped under tractor in far north Queensland
- Feb| WorkSafe inspectors to target risks of falling objects
- Feb| WA mining company fined $58,000 after crush injury
- Feb| WorkCover WA Conference program released
- Feb| Man dies after being crushed by bobcat in southern Queensland
- Feb| Employers reminded to supervise apprentices during flood recovery activity
- Feb| ACT worker trapped in skid-steer loader
- Feb| NZ quad bike incidents prompt warning
- Feb| Handyman pleads guilty to defrauding VIC workers compensation scheme
- Feb| Toilet paper manufacturer fined $315K over inadequately guarded machinery incident
- Feb| Man impaled by bull in South Australia
- Feb| Worker electrocuted on roof of Sydney factory