Approximately 1,550 people are hospitalised from crashes involving heavy vehicles per year. Over the last eight years there appears to be a slight increasing trend (data from Australian Road Deaths Database). The Safety Truck may help improve road safety in the country. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Most people said they are not taking steps to address the health issues of prolonged sitting because they didn’t think about it. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
We all know some jobs carry a higher risk than others. Often when we start a job, task or activity we are aware and cautious of this risk. As time goes on, many of us become comfortable, with a false sense of security of the dangers associated with the task we’re undertaking.
A new technology which aims to address growing traffic incidents in Argentina is being developed and the tech giant behind it says it is an innovative approach to ensuring road safety.
A national online omnibus survey revealed that less than a quarter of Australians are giving up their chairs despite acknowledging they spend long hours seated.
American stage and film actor, William Hurt recalled how he had a brush with death during a shooting mishap in February 2014.
A union has rejected an oil and gas company’s proposed new enterprise deal after twelve months of negotiations at the Gippsland sites.
Queensland miners are using fake urine and prosthetic penises to beat company drug tests, police reveals.
A new information campaign has recently been launched to educate people on the importance of installing safety switches.
A construction worker at the QIC development site in the Toowoomba CBD was rushed to a hospital after he was crushed beneath construction material Friday morning.
Health Services Union Raised Health and Safety Concern Over Mandatory Uniform at Fiona Stanley Hospital
The Health Services Union or HSU raised concern over a compulsory uniform for the staff of the Fiona Stanley Hospital in Perth.
Also Making News
- Jun| B-double Truck Slips, Closes Araluen Road
- Jun| Poor Visibility Causes Truck Loaded With Mandarins To Roll Over
- Jun| Crane collapse injures construction worker in Karratha
- Jun| As Use of Ice More Than Doubled, Drug Testing Could Become Mandatory
- Jun| Boy injured in quad bike incident
- Jun| CASA to hold aviation safety workshop for Wollongong pilots
- Jun| Man injured in Queensland mustering incident
- Jun| Third phase of strategic action plan to improve farm safety to be launched
- Jun| Study uncovers suicidability factors among Australian men
- Jun| Cannon Fitzroy and Canterbury inbuilt gas heaters safety alert
- Jun| Injured Workers Forum held in Sydney
- Jun| 73 Australians killed at work in less than six months
- Jun| Radiation management information session for industry
- Jun| Man dies after being crushed by machinery at a Queensland dump site