A rise in fatal truck incidents was observed in 2014. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Photo Source: Pixabay
Injuries are common to the health sector, a study reveals. Photo: Pixabay.com
A report released by the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport, and Regional Economics (BITRE) shows there was an increase in the number of fatal truck crash incidences in 2014 compared to the previous year.
Fatigue, work accidents, and other hazardous work outcomes are sometimes associated with lack of sleep. And while having a good night sleep is important, sleeping in the dark is also recommended.
A recent occupational health and safety survey conducted by Monash University in collaboration with Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (Victorian Branch) shows the rate at which workplace injuries and illnesses occur in the health sector.
ReturnToWorkSA is now accepting applications for the appointment of South Australian return to work service providers.
The Work Safety Awards WA 2015 will be open for nomination until 3 July 2015.
A waste management company has been fined $363,000 for breaching federal work health and safety laws following a truck crash incident in the Swan Valley, Western Australia in 2011.
An underwater tradesman training exercise turned tragic when a diver drowned in south-western New South Wales on Tuesday evening.
WorkCover NSW released a safety alert following a recent incident in which workers were injured and others put at serious risk when a scaffold collapsed onto a street. In a separate incident, a scaffold collapsed into a laneway and neighbouring properties. No one was injured in the incident.
A father who lost his son in a workplace incident in 2012 will be part of a forum aimed at supporting families affected by workplace deaths.
Also Making News
- May| Man fatally injured in bobcat incident
- May| Workers injured after crane rolls
- May| DMP Reports Show Telfer Mine Fatal Incident Linked To EWP Controls
- May| WorkCover WA Seminar set for June 9th
- May| WA Mining Companies Urged Not To Be Complacent in Safety Matters
- May| Malicious Fire Hits Kingaroy Shoppingworld
- May| Farmer Injured After He Was Kicked By A Cow
- May| Workplace incident claims Queensland man’s life
- May| Man Killed in Tas Quad Bike Incident
- May| Ultralight Airplane Pilot Killed in Hunter Valley Crash
- May| FarmSafe Australia Advises Farmers to Be Extra Vigilant
- May| Stress Level Rising Due To WA Economic Climate Putting Workers at Risk of Alcohol or Substance Abuse
- May| Court Fined Subcontractor Over 2013 Fatal Wall Collapse
- May| New Work Capacity Certificate ensures active recovery for injured workers
- May| SafeWork SA reminds high risk workers to avoid the rush and convert their licence