Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
SafeWork SA has recently released a new Hospitality Action Plan, which aims to address the challenges of a young and often transient workforce.
NT WorkSafe is inviting all Territory businesses and workers to take part in the Safe Work Month events in October and make safety a priority in workplaces.
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency has teamed up with the National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA), the Electrical Trades Union (ETU), and the Master Electricians Australia (MEA) to produce a leaflet for people working in the sector who may encounter asbestos.
A man was airlifted to hospital after an incident with a bull in NSW on Saturday morning.
A man in his mid-40s was airlifted to hospital after falling from his horse while riding on his property near Gympie on Sunday afternoon
A motor mechanic has been taken to hospital after he became pinned under a car.
Also Making News
- Sep| Worker treated for smoke inhalation after Beard scrap yard fire
- Sep| SafeWork NSW urges Broken Hill community to attend free farm safety event
- Sep| WA Government funding suicide prevention for construction and FIFO workers
- Sep| Commit to building a safe and healthy workplace, Safe Work Australia chair urges
- Sep| Researchers develop safe water-based lithium-ion batteries that don’t explode
- Sep| Union calls for mandatory national training in asbestos safety for tradespeople
- Sep| Study: Back pain may be body’s protective mechanism to prevent further injury
- Sep| Queensland’s Mental Health Ambassador speaks up about workplace mental health
- Sep| The Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference 2017
- Sep| Man dies in hospital after workplace incident
- Sep| New treatments successfully halt skin cancer spread and recurrence
- Sep| Saliva, blood tests may soon be used to detect work fatigue
- Sep| Queensland government invests $25M to protect coal workers from black lung
- Sep| Latest edition of Resource Safety Magazine released by DMIRS