Excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions but replacing an hour of sitting with standing can reduce health risks – this and more will be presented at Sports Medicine Australia’s be active 2014 conference this week in Canberra.
According to the 16th edition of Safe Work Australia’s Comparative Performance Monitoring report published this month, work-related compensated injury fatalities are at their lowest level since 2002.
A recent survey conducted by Comcare showed that perceptions of people who suffered work-related injuries, their relationship with their employer as well as their own personal characteristics can influence the length of time they are away from work and the cost of their claims.
A mining contractor who had earlier pleaded guilty to charges of failing to provide a safe working environment has been fined $115,000.
A construction worker has died after being struck by a truck at a construction site in Kilburn north of Adelaide.
The 5th Annual NT Workplace Health and Safety Conference will be held at Charles Darwin University on 30 October 2014.
Winners of the Return to Work Awards have been announced during the Return to Work Conference Expo on Monday, 20 October.
An Alive and Well stand will be available at the Australian National Field Days on 23-25 October 2014 at Borenore.
WorkCover NSW and Ferrovial Agroman Australia have signed an agreement to ensure workers’ safety during the construction of the Sancrox Road Interchange Project.
Also Making News
- Oct| Two Hurt, Hundreds Evacuated as Fire Hits NSW Factory
- Oct| Man killed in quad bike crash
- Oct| Farm safety – Researchers working on a safety star rating system for quad bikes
- Oct| Semi Trailer Trucks Collided With Cars, Drivers Unhurt
- Oct| Fully Loaded Manganese Train Ploughs 4WD
- Oct| Inspection program to look into tree lopping and gardening sector
- Oct| Safety regulator reminds Victorian bus operators to put premium on workplace safety
- Oct| Quad bike safety – Farmers urged to look for safer options
- Oct| NSW Truck Company Pleads Guilty For Letting Drivers Work Long Hours
- Oct| Work Health and Safety Virtual Seminar Series
- Oct| Free health and safety seminars in Victoria
- Oct| Businesses in WA urged to focus more on the mental health of workers
- Oct| Driver Survives Crash As Cement Truck Hits House
- Oct| Three People Dead After Truck Smashes 4WD