You don’t go to work thinking it’s your last day on earth, but for some people, the probability of being hurt or killed at work is part of the job.
These are workers who have so much more to worry about other than bad coffee and a nosy boss.
The National Farm Safety Week is an annual event held across Australia during the third week of July. The event highlights the importance of safety on farms.
Drug and alcohol testing in the workplace is essential for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons why workers are tested for drugs or alcohol is because impairment by alcohol or drugs increases the risk of suffering an injury.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
The improved screening is part of the three-pronged attack announced by Natural Resources and Mines Minister Dr. Anthony Lynham earlier this month aimed at addressing the re-emergence of CWP.
A construction company in Sydney has been fined $87,500 after a worker was injured from a fall incident at a construction site in Lane Cove.
Recent figures from Safe Work Australia show, 86 Australian workers have been killed at work since the beginning of this year.
A 58-year-old woman is recovering in hospital after being trampled by a bull in Southern Queensland on Wednesday afternoon
Victorian farmers are encouraged to take advantage of the $6 million rebate scheme by the Victorian Government, which is aimed at reducing quad bike deaths in the state.
The manager who was in charge of training workers at a turf company where former U20s Rugby League player of the St George Illawarra Dragons, Blaine Rozs died in 2014 had not read the safety manual for the machinery being used. The turf worker was not shown the manual as well.
Also Making News
- Jul| Low awareness of work safety responsibilities revealed during safety inspection
- Jul| Spate of fall incidents prompts ladder safety warning
- Jul| Worker killed at Goldfields mine site
- Jul| Man crushed in Queensland cattle loading incident
- Jul| NSW farm fined over bulldozer operator’s death
- Jul| Worker injured after being struck by falling tree branch in Victoria
- Jul| Man injured after becoming trapped on roof space at Perth home
- Jul| Gas safety campaign kicks off in NZ
- Jul| Queensland safety inspectors to conduct truck and trailer inspections
- Jul| Electrical safety inspectors set to visit Cape York this week
- Jul| February 2016 Notifiable Fatalities Monthly Report Released
- Jul| Proactive inspection program to look at safety issues in fast food outlets
- Jul| $6 million subsidy scheme to improve quad bike safety in Victoria
- Jul| Man critical after workplace incident in Ipswich