Everyday, we encounter instructions to guide us through performing a certain task in the preferred or correct way. Consider the ‘How to Handwash’ or CPR poster commonly found in workplaces and hospitals.
The issue of consultation focuses on harnessing the power of the workforce. By harnessing the knowledge, skills and first-hand experience of workers, businesses are able to make better-informed decisions about workplace health and safety matters.
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), they are often a necessary tender requirement and where works defined as ‘high-risk construction work’ are involved, SWMS are mandatory.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Farmers are being reminded to take extra care when burning crop stubble or conducting general burn-off activities around electrical infrastructure to minimise the risk of possible fire hazards.
WorkSafe is calling on workplaces to prioritise safety after three workers were killed in separate incidents all involving tractors.
A ride operator has been fined $80,000 following a worker’s death in an amusement ride at Collingwood Park State School’s Christmas Carols in 2014.
A Sunshine Coast woman was airlifted to hospital Saturday afternoon after she was knocked over by a cow on her farm.
The Brisbane District Court upheld Workplace Health and Safety Queensland’s appeal to increase fine for a work safety breach from $90,000 to $125,000.
Proactive work health and safety interventions have increased in recent years according to new data from Safe Work Australia.
Also Making News
- Mar| Queensland ramps up support for coal workers
- Mar| Worker crushed to death in industrial incident on Sunshine Coast
- Mar| Tunnel workers in Brisbane at risk of silica-related diseases, medical expert says
- Mar| Reforms to the Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme outlined in Parliament
- Mar| Campaign to protect construction workers from digging into live electricity cables launched
- Mar| Mental health and wellbeing strategy for Ambulance Victoria workers
- Mar| Rugby league teams issued concussion breach notices worth $350,000
- Mar| Man injured after excavator falls seven metres off bridge
- Mar| Registration for 2017 WorkCover WA Return to Work Conference still open
- Mar| Two work-related fatalities in one day
- Mar| Pilot sustains minor injuries in light plane crash
- Mar| Council worker airlifted after snake bite
- Mar| New project to focus on safety of tree work industry
- Mar| Black lung likely existed during years it was thought to have been eradicated, says expert
- Mar| Worker dies after fall at Tasmania’s west coast mine