Everyday, we encounter instructions to guide us through performing a certain task in the preferred or correct way. Consider the ‘How to Handwash’ or CPR poster commonly found in workplaces and hospitals.
The issue of consultation focuses on harnessing the power of the workforce. By harnessing the knowledge, skills and first-hand experience of workers, businesses are able to make better-informed decisions about workplace health and safety matters.
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), they are often a necessary tender requirement and where works defined as ‘high-risk construction work’ are involved, SWMS are mandatory.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Proactive work health and safety interventions have increased in recent years according to new data from Safe Work Australia.
Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace on Thursday said that since the re-emergence of black lung disease, the Queensland Government has ramped up efforts to tackle the disease and support those workers affected by it.
A man has been killed in an industrial incident on the Sunshine Coast.
A medical expert told a parliamentary inquiry into the black lung disease that Brisbane tunnel workers are at risk of serious health problems due to silica exposure.
Important reforms have been made to ensure the protection of Queensland’s coal mines.
A new safety campaign to protect construction workers from digging into live electricity cables has been launched by NSW electricity networks and SafeWork NSW.
Also Making News
- Mar| Mental health and wellbeing strategy for Ambulance Victoria workers
- Mar| Rugby league teams issued concussion breach notices worth $350,000
- Mar| Man injured after excavator falls seven metres off bridge
- Mar| Registration for 2017 WorkCover WA Return to Work Conference still open
- Mar| Two work-related fatalities in one day
- Mar| Pilot sustains minor injuries in light plane crash
- Mar| Council worker airlifted after snake bite
- Mar| New project to focus on safety of tree work industry
- Mar| Black lung likely existed during years it was thought to have been eradicated, says expert
- Mar| Worker dies after fall at Tasmania’s west coast mine
- Mar| Two men hospitalised after chemical spill
- Mar| Farmer dies after being struck by tractor near Geelong
- Mar| Man killed in Clergate quad bike crash
- Mar| Worker dies at central Queensland mine
- Mar| Safe Work Australia releases new report on measuring and reporting on work health and safety report