Make safety a priority. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Minister for Finance, Robin Scott, announced on Friday that Victorian WorkCover Authority will immediately return to the world-renowned WorkSafe banner.
Safe Work Australia Chief Executive Officer, Michelle Baxter reminds all Australians to prioritise health and safety in workplaces and make this a part of their New Year’s resolution.
A new report on the attitudes of Australian workers towards acceptance of risk taking and rule breaking in the workplace as measured by the Perception of Work Health and Safety Survey 2012-13 is now available.
The father of a truck driver who died four years ago in Western Australia appealed to companies to provide truckies with emergency positioning beacons when driving to remote areas.
With research showing excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions, workers at Port Stephens Council are now spending less time sitting on their desks thanks to the council’s health initiative that provides stand-up desks to employees, making it easier to perform certain tasks while standing.
An 8-year-old boy has been killed in a farming incident at a rural property in New South Wales.
A delivery van driver was trapped under his vehicle when he tried to stop the van as it started to roll down the driveway in Melbourne’s east Saturday morning.
A man has died in hospital following a forklift incident at a farm in Moonbi, 20km north of Tamworth.
Identifying the potential hazards in the workplace is very important in reducing the possibility of workplace incidents and accidents. Because of this, the Department of Mines and Petroleum’s (DMP) Resources Safety Division created the “Know Your Hazards” video series.
Also Making News
- Jan| Possible prison violence feared as new smoking ban is introduced
- Jan| Man injured in Williams farming incident
- Jan| Pilbara mine worker crushed by bulldozer plate
- Jan| Farmers urged to prioritise safety when using quad bikes
- Jan| Construction worker injured by falling boulder
- Jan| Man pleads guilty to workers’ compensation fraud
- Jan| Boy injured in quad bike crash
- Jan| Worker Dies at Western Australia Mine
- Jan| WorkSafe issues reminder to stay safe when working alone
- Jan| Update on independent investigation into loose fill asbestos
- Jan| Boy killed in Walgett quad bike incident
- Jan| Huge Blaze Topples Sydney Factory
- Jan| Reform hopes to put an end to workers comp red tape
- Jan| Next WorkCover WA seminar set on February