Are you at risk? Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Links between workplace health and safety measures and better business performance have been identified in a new report released by the University of Melbourne.
Safe Work Australia has recently released an updated worker fatalities report with 140 Australian workers killed at work as at 21 October 2014.
Excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions but replacing an hour of sitting with standing can reduce health risks – this and more will be presented at Sports Medicine Australia’s be active 2014 conference this week in Canberra.
WorkSafe WA is encouraging Western Australians to contribute to the State’s future workplace safety and health system by giving their comment on the draft Work Health and Safety Bill 2014 (the ‘Green Bill’).
A mining contractor who had earlier pleaded guilty to charges of failing to provide a safe working environment has been fined $115,000.
A construction worker has died after being struck by a truck at a construction site in Kilburn north of Adelaide.
The 5th Annual NT Workplace Health and Safety Conference will be held at Charles Darwin University on 30 October 2014.
Winners of the Return to Work Awards have been announced during the Return to Work Conference Expo on Monday, 20 October.
An Alive and Well stand will be available at the Australian National Field Days on 23-25 October 2014 at Borenore.
Also Making News
- Oct| Agreement guarantees safety to Interchange project workers
- Oct| Two Hurt, Hundreds Evacuated as Fire Hits NSW Factory
- Oct| Man killed in quad bike crash
- Oct| Farm safety – Researchers working on a safety star rating system for quad bikes
- Oct| Semi Trailer Trucks Collided With Cars, Drivers Unhurt
- Oct| Fully Loaded Manganese Train Ploughs 4WD
- Oct| Inspection program to look into tree lopping and gardening sector
- Oct| Safety regulator reminds Victorian bus operators to put premium on workplace safety
- Oct| Quad bike safety – Farmers urged to look for safer options
- Oct| NSW Truck Company Pleads Guilty For Letting Drivers Work Long Hours
- Oct| Work Health and Safety Virtual Seminar Series
- Oct| Free health and safety seminars in Victoria