Image: Hilmi Hacaloğlu (VOA)/Wikimedia Commons
Firefighters risk lives to save people. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Australia records lowest work-related deaths in 11 years; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
An independent audit of the state’s mine safety system has uncovered critical gaps in Tasmania’s mine safety regulations.
Each year hundreds of Australian workers die from work-related injuries. Safe Work Australia recorded more than two thousand work-related deaths over the past eleven years. The agriculture, forestry and fishing industry recorded the highest number of fatalities in 2013 (49), followed by the transport, postal and warehousing (46) and construction (19) industries.
New data released by Safe Work Australia showed that Australian workplaces have recorded the lowest number of work-related deaths in 11 years.
A free networking breakfast which aims to promote health and wellbeing in the workplace was hosted on Wednesday by Healthier Work.
With three prosecutions from unsafe work practices handed down by the Industrial Court last week, SafeWork SA Executive Director, Bryan Russell reminded employers and workers of their work health and safety responsibility.
Traffic was temporarily closed at the Gore Highway at Westbrook when a cotton truck reportedly rolled off the highway Tuesday morning.
An explosion at a tyre factory on the Sunshine Coast has left two workers nursing serious injuries.
A 44-year-old man has died after sustaining serious injuries in a farming incident near Weabonga.
Safe Work Australia has recently released the 12th Australian Workers’ Compensation Statistics 2011-12 report.
Also Making News
- Jul| Australian pilots advised to prioritise safety on Eastern Ukraine airspace
- Jul| Coffs Harbour Chopper Crash Report Out
- Jul| Pilot killed in NSW light plane crash
- Jul| Technology to help improve farm safety
- Jul| Company charged over mine worker death
- Jul| WorkCover Exhibit at the Ballina Home Sweet Home Expo
- Jul| Number of reported mine incidents on the rise in Queensland
- Jul| Driver killed as truck rolls downhill
- Jul| Machinery Incident Seriously Injures Farmer
- Jul| Court Slaps Building Company With $100,000 Fine for Worker’s Fall
- Jul| New codes of practice to improve safety
- Jul| Faulty nose wheel light forces plane to make emergency landing
- Jul| Gas scare incident under investigation
- Jul| Fire destroys poultry shed in Lockyer Valley
- Jul| New course set to improve mine safety in Queensland