Everyday, we encounter instructions to guide us through performing a certain task in the preferred or correct way. Consider the ‘How to Handwash’ or CPR poster commonly found in workplaces and hospitals.
The issue of consultation focuses on harnessing the power of the workforce. By harnessing the knowledge, skills and first-hand experience of workers, businesses are able to make better-informed decisions about workplace health and safety matters.
Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), they are often a necessary tender requirement and where works defined as ‘high-risk construction work’ are involved, SWMS are mandatory.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A man has died after being electrocuted in the roof of a house in Sydney’s south.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland has launched an investigation after a man was seriously injured while working at an abattoir in the North Burnett Region.
A man was airlifted to hospital with pelvic injuries after he was crushed by a bull.
Auckland – A nail salon has been prosecuted for disregarding health and safety by using a banned substance.
An earthworks business in Bathurst has been fined $90,000 for failing to comply with safety standards that led to the injury of two workers in January 2015.
Following the release of its psychosocial harm audit tool and guide early last year, the Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP) conducted an audit of more than 140 companies, reviewing management systems, resourcing, consultation and the preventative measures put in place to protect staff’s mental health and wellbeing.
Also Making News
- Feb| Quad bike crash victim airlifted to hospital
- Feb| Man found guilty over the death of co-worker
- Feb| Two men died while another suffer critical injuries in workplace incidents during the weekend
- Feb| Dairy company, transport company and employee fined for dangerous goods breaches
- Feb| Man airlifted to hospital after incident on Myalup farm
- Feb| Worker hospitalised with severe burns after grass fire in Caroona
- Feb| Union slams NT safety regulator over alleged failure in safety investigations
- Feb| Interim ban on ethanol burners extended
- Feb| Man fatally electrocuted under house
- Feb| Man killed in tractor incident near Narromine
- Feb| Workshops promoting farm safety to be held across South Australia
- Feb| SafeWork NSW waives five-day asbestos removal work notification timeframe
- Feb| WorkCover Queensland Safety Leadership at Work Masterclass
- Feb| Investigation after worker dies at Bedford Park building site
- Feb| Machinery incident sends man to hospital