Many suicides are also work-related. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
20 percent of people aged 18 to 29 used cannabis in the last 12 months; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
A new report released by the World Health Organization reaffirms that suicide can indeed be prevented.
The Australian Mesothelioma Registry (AMR) has released its third annual report that shows rates of new cases and deaths from mesothelioma in the country.
A new survey from the Australian Drug Foundation revealed that one in ten workers take sick days or are affected by drugs at work.
A petrol station worker is nursing severe burns to his hands, face, and abdomen following an explosion at a petrol station on the Stuart Highway in the Northern Territory.
A court has fined a wine producer from Pokolbin, north-west of Newcastle $210,000 for violating the Occupational Health and Safety Act, following an explosion that killed a prominent wine maker and a welder six years ago.
A man armed with knives and a wooden pick handle set an officer’s leg on fire after he threw a molotov cocktail at him during an incident at the Brindabella business park in Canberra on Friday afternoon.
The number of injured workers in Victoria has decreased to a new record low, with the number of injury claims per million hours worked falling to 7.37 in 2013/14. This is an improvement of 5 percent compared to the previous year.
Police have linked a recent incident where a worker was found dead in his room at Euromba creek to drugs.
A woman was trapped inside her car after it collided with a truck on Steve Irwin Way early Friday morning.
Also Making News
- Sep| Queensland government releases safety alert on heavy vehicle associated incidents
- Sep| Alive and Well Booth at Henty
- Sep| Blast at WA mobile workshop injures worker
- Sep| WA recorded highest number of asbestos-related disease cases
- Sep| Safety organisation to develop autonomous mining technology safety standards
- Sep| Asbestos found near Rottnest Island villas
- Sep| Man killed in crash at a Queensland work site
- Sep| Australian Transport Safety Bureau sends investigators to Mudgee crash site
- Sep| Worker found dead at Eurombah Creek
- Sep| Report on road-rail death released
- Sep| Karuah quarry reopens as investigation on worker’s death continues
- Sep| Study: Paramedics hold riskiest job
- Sep| Research shows safety awareness differs across various industries
- Sep| WA Man Dies After Being Crushed By Tractor
- Sep| Pilot and Passenger Killed in NSW Plane Crash