Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), they are often a necessary tender requirement and where works defined as ‘high-risk construction work’ are involved, SWMS are mandatory.
We are often asked by our customers what the difference is between a WHSE Management System and a Site-Specific Safety Management Plan? So how does a site-specific safety management plan differ from a Workplace Health and Safety Management System (WHSMS)?
Is it okay to use generic SWMS? We answer some of your frequently asked questions about generic SWMS.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
An actor was fatally shot while shooting a music video for an Australian rap group Bliss N Eso in Brisbane on Monday afternoon.
Physical inactivity and excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions including obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer, as well as serious injuries.
The pilot of a crop-dusting plane escaped serious injury on Saturday morning after a crash in far north Queensland.
Asbestos safety agency presents further submission to Senate inquiry on illegal importation of asbestos-containing building materials
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency has recently lodged a further submission to the broader Senate inquiry into the illegal importance of asbestos-containing products following a decision by the Senate Economics References Committee resolving to re-open submissions.
A worker was taken to hospital on Thursday afternoon after reportedly falling from a height of about 4m in central Queensland.
Workcover WA is reminding not-for-profits and charitable organisations to review their workers’ compensation arrangements.
Also Making News
- Jan| Inspection program targets airport operations and other support services to air transport in Western Australia
- Jan| Perth rubbish truck driver dies in hospital after horror Northbridge crash
- Jan| Toddler injured after being kicked by a horse
- Jan| Perth tyre recycling company fined after worker loses fingers in workplace incident
- Jan| Safe Work Australia publishes Decision Regulation Impact Statement on managing lead risks in the workplace
- Jan| Engineering company fined $225,000 over fatal work incident
- Jan| Safety alert highlights severe burns caused by caustic chemicals used in restaurants and cafes
- Jan| Man airlifted after being trapped under hay bale
- Jan| Seven-year-old boy dies after quad bike incident near Griffith
- Jan| Garbage truck driver critically injured after ute crashed into his truck
- Jan| Pilot dies of heatstroke while dirt bike riding
- Jan| Man killed in Queensland quad bike crash
- Jan| Postal service workers suffering from high injury rates, union claims
- Jan| Boat owners urged to be safe this summer