The presence of powered mobile plant in workplaces presents a range of hazards that have the potential to cause harm to people or damage property.
Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work related injuries and deaths in the construction industry.
People who work near or with vehicles and mobile plant are at risk with incidents involving moving plant frequently linked to injuries and deaths.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
The New England branch of the Health Services Union is urging the NSW Government to invest in injury prevention to protect paramedics.
New Zealand – A new health and safety literacy and numeracy programme has been funded by the Industry Training Federation and the Tertiary Education Commission.
Safe Work SA is calling on business owners and operators across the state to ensure loose items are secured in so they do not pose a safety hazard following a severe weather warning issued by The Bureau of Meteorology.
October is Safe Work Month and NT WorkSafe is calling on all Territorians to get involved to raise awareness of workplace safety.
A child narrowly escapes injury after an excavator crashed on its side into a unit block in Coolangatta.
Latest figures from Safe Work Australia show 125 Australians have been killed at work so far this year.
Also Making News
- Sep| Workers hospitalised after Sydney crane collapse
- Sep| SafeWork warns against cutting old drums
- Sep| Frontline workers dealing with meth users to receive training
- Sep| New guide to managing risks of carcinogenic chemicals in the workplace released
- Sep| Safewards rolled out to help provide safe environment to mental health workers
- Sep| Young workers susceptible to workplace injuries
- Sep| WorkSafe Victoria investigating Ballarat workplace incident
- Sep| Business owner fined after workplace death
- Sep| 2016 Inaugural WorkSafe Tasmania Conference set for late October
- Sep| Study: Increasing numbers of DIY home renovators less likely to know the dangers of asbestos
- Sep| Business leaders urged to take part in National Safe Work Month this October
- Sep| Miners Memorial Day a strong reminder of need to prioritise safety
- Sep| Notifiable Fatalities Monthly Report for April 2016 Released