With the festive season just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about the annual work Christmas party. Photo: Unsplash, Pixabay
The warmer months are now upon us and with the hot weather comes an increased risk of heat-related illnesses such as heat stress and heat stroke occurring. Did you know! Workers in extremely hot environments can lose up to a litre of fluid every hour Heatstroke is fatal in up to 80% of cases Heat …
Our comprehensive library of over 350 SWMS is currently being upgraded by our team of writers. This bi-annual review allows us to ensure the SWMS we provide are current, as well as incorporating improvements based on feedback from you, our clients. SWMS reviewed according to our continual improvement processes, will be released for purchase, as …
While it’s a great time to celebrate the hard work everyone has put in throughout the year, silly season celebrations with their laid-back atmospheres and presence of alcohol can come with an increased chance of risky and/or inappropriate behaviour.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A new national project, which has recently been completed highlighted the important role of supervisors in ensuring the safety of young workers.
Companies are being reminded to safely transport used lead acid batteries on Western Australian roads.
A new educational video on the risks of naturally-occurring asbestos has been launched by the NSW Heads of Asbestos Coordination Authorities (HACA) recently. The new video targets people living and working in regional areas.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland said Dreamworld gave its full cooperation to the audit team.
A man believed to be in his late fifties has been airlifted to hospital after falling from a horse in the Wide Bay–Burnett region.
WorkSafe WA will continue to focus on the waste recycling industry in an effort to improve safety standards and prevent serious incidents.
Also Making News
- Dec| New reports on workplace mental health in Australia released
- Dec| Campaign to protect Tasmanian road workers launched
- Nov| Man injured in grinder incident
- Nov| Farmer trapped under machinery for three days in Mount Duneed
- Nov| Man killed by falling tree branch
- Nov| Teen injured in quad bike incident
- Nov| Fatalities caused by falling trailer ramps prompt safety alert
- Nov| Welding incident puts man in hospital
- Nov| Essential Energy Urges Tradespeople to Dial Before they Dig
- Nov| Safety blitz to target demolition sites in Victoria
- Nov| Falsified High Risk Work Licence Prompts Warning
- Nov| Truck drivers and machinery operators warned about powerlines
- Nov| Pilot killed in crash of crop dusting plane in New South Wales
- Nov| 2016 Release Plumbing SWMS
- Nov| New app to help businesses manage health and safety risks