Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
New truck safety laws are a step closer as one of two amendment Bills passed through the Queensland Parliament.
Primary school students in rural and regional Queensland are invited to enter the Queensland farm safety calendar competition before it closes on 29 June.
Judging process will commence in July. Winners will be announced at the Awards for Excellence Ceremony on Thursday 25 October 2018.
New laws protecting emergency service workers from assaults will be introduced to Parliament today.
SafeWork NSW is warning consumers against an unlicenced asbestos removalist quoting cheap asbestos removal work, who only takes cash payments.
The authors of a Perspective published in the Medical Journal of Australia said establishing mentally healthy workplaces will reduce the risk of burnout.
Also Making News
- Jun| Employers warned against attending medical checks with injured workers
- Jun| More funding to help keep NSW workers safe
- Jun| Coronial inquiry into theme park incident commences
- Jun| Standards Australia warns against unapproved version of AS/NZS 3000:2018
- Jun| Cross Border Construction Program heads to Mildura
- Jun| Man injured in tractor rollover in north Queensland
- Jun| Transport company fined $60K over serious safety breach
- Jun| NSW businesses pledge work safety promise
- Jun| New code of practice aims to improve safety in occupational diving
- Jun| Man spends night trapped in central Queensland after quad bike crash
- Jun| Man suffers serious burns in workplace incident
- Jun| Quad bike safety milestone announced
- Jun| Man seriously injured on Melbourne worksite
- Jun| More compensation for workers killed on the job in WA
- Jun| WorkSafe Victoria warns of the dangers of working on live switchboards or circuits