Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Health Minister Greg Hunt said the Federal Government will support the next steps for a national registry on silicosis during last Friday’s COAG meeting.
Essential Energy is reminding those renovating or excavating to check for underground utilities before beginning work.
The Victorian Government is urging farmers to take advantage of a 12-month extension to a rebate scheme to fit rollover protection on quad bikes, or substitute their bike for a safer alternative.
A crane driver has been injured after he fell at a construction site in Melbourne’s CBD.
The body of an Aboriginal ranger has been recovered after she was taken by a crocodile approximately 206km south west of Yirrkala.
Four new asbestos and prevention of falls compliance codes are now available. These new codes align with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017.
Also Making News
- Oct| Company fined after WA mine worker sustains chemical burns
- Oct| New safety video launched to promote awareness of truck safety
- Oct| New study reveals that construction, transport workers at high-risk of spinal injuries
- Oct| Man airlifted to hospital after being injured in tractor incident
- Oct| NSW safety awards finalists announced
- Oct| New building regulations to ensure safe use of combustible cladding
- Oct| Firefighters Remembrance Day observed
- Oct| Worker suffers serious head injury in incident
- Oct| 97 Australian workers killed in 2018 so far
- Oct| Two government departments charged over 2016 death of worker
- Oct| Seacare to hold workplace mental health workshops
- Oct| Woman killed in workplace incident in northeastern New Zealand
- Oct| Australia’s peak cancer body calls for review of popular weedkiller due to safety concerns
- Oct| NSW Resources Regulator launches annual safety roadshow
- Oct| New toolkit to improve workplace health and safety launched