Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A 49-year-old man is facing fraud charges for allegedly obtaining more than $700,000 in unlawful workers compensation payments between 2006 and 2016.
Nominations for this year’s Safe Work and Return to Work Awards, which recognise outstanding innovations and success in work health and safety, rehabilitation, and return to work are now open.
A man has been killed in a workplace incident at a wastewater treatment plant in Munster, about 28km south west of Perth.
The 2017 North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference in Townsville on Friday saw a record turnout of over 300 people
Collaboration and information sharing key to supporting work safety, says ACT Workplace Safety Minister
Safety regulatory bodies, unions and industry from the Act and NSW met on Wednesday for the first Cross Border Construction Breakfast for 2018.
Entries are now open for the 30th annual WorkSafe Awards.
Also Making News
- Apr| Crane driver faces manslaughter charge after fatal workplace incident
- Apr| North Queensland parents join quad bike safety campaign after son’s close call
- Apr| Mine inspectors join together for safety forum
- Apr| Nominations for 2018 Comcare Work Health and Safety Awards accepted until May 2018
- Apr| Report explores impact of emerging technologies and platforms on WHS and workers’ compensation in the next 20 years
- Apr| Worker fatally crushed while loading equipment near Lismore
- Apr| Farmer dies after being crushed by hay bale south of Adelaide
- Apr| $2.2 million fund for the safety of frontline health workers
- Apr| AMSA seeking comments on proposed changes to operational safety requirements for domestic commercial vessels
- Apr| $28M saving for South Australia’s premium paying employers
- Apr| Vic worker injured after rolling machine into ditch
- Apr| Mine operator fined $500K over worker’s serious injuries
- Apr| Queensland’s mandatory labour hire licensing laws to protect vulnerable workers
- Apr| Funding boost to put the safety of WA front line health staff first
- Apr| Man airlifted from southern Queensland after farming incident