Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A Ballarat swim school has been fined $150,000 for a diving incident that left a 12-year-old girl a quadriplegic in November 2016.
A pilot has died in a helicopter crash in South Australia’s far north.
A farm worker has been killed in a tractor incident in North Queensland.
The Palaszczuk Government has announced the appointment of Aaron Guilfoyle as Queensland’s first independent Work Health and Safety Prosecutor.
Two companies have been fined a total of $176,000 following an incident that broke a worker’s jaw at the Cloudbreak iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Researchers examined 52 nursing and medical staff in an intensive care unit at Austin Health in Victoria as they worked on a variety of shifts – day, evening, and night.
Also Making News
- Mar| Melbourne company faces charges over fatal workplace incident
- Mar| Tree lopper suffers serious injuries after falling 12 metres
- Mar| Silicosis claims life of young Gold Coast tradie
- Mar| Man airlifted after crashing quad bike into barbed wire fence
- Mar| Safety failings lead to $40,000 fine for Queensland tourism operator
- Mar| Investigations launched after man suffers burns in barbecue explosion at Capalaba
- Mar| Charges laid after worker suffers serious injuries falling 3 metres
- Mar| Registration for 2019 North Queensland Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference still open
- Mar| SA man killed in farming incident
- Mar| Man injured in forklift incident south-east of Gympie
- Mar| New campaign aims to educate WA tradies on how to safely work around electricity networks
- Mar| Man seriously injured following machinery incident
- Mar| Vic firm fined after forklift incident
- Mar| Amusement rides regulations tightened
- Mar| Sydney gas explosion leaves worker in critical condition