SPA: Most deaths by suicide are among people of working age. Image Source: SafetyCulture Library
Image Source: Safe Work Australia
Photo: Workplace Quit Smoking Program
More than 3000 people who committed suicide in Australia over the decade to 2011 may have been caused by work-related issues.
As at 26 January 2014, 22 Australian workers have died at work.
Workers and businesses are encouraged to participate in the free Workplace Quit Smoking Program, which is a key activity of the Workplaces for Wellness Initiative.
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland calls on workplaces to do their share in helping stop mosquitoes breeding to protect workers from mosquito bites.
The ongoing fire at the Hazelwood coal mine could be put out by Monday according to fire fighters. Fire fighters have been struggling to put out the blaze for the past month.
Union interference poses a threat to the residential sector unless the health and safety laws governing the sector are overhauled. This is according to a warning issued by the commercial building industry. A proposal by Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie requires all unions to provide a 24hr notice before visiting a workplace. In the proposal, health and …
The World Steel Association is set to hold its inaugural Steel Safety Day later next month. The day is set to coincide with the World Safety Day slated for 28th April. The aim of the Steel Safety Day is to raise awareness on the main causes of accidents in the work places with an aim …
A miner’s union expressed their concern on the increase in the number of serious accidents at Queensland mines and quarries.
Registrations for the upcoming North Queensland Return to Work Conference and Expo 2014 are pouring in and Workplace Health and Safety Queensland is calling on all interested participants to register now.
Also Making News
- Mar| Vigorous Activity Blamed For Vascular Problems In Firefighters.
- Mar| Spindle Moulder Incident Leads to $51,000 Fine
- Mar| Ainslie businesses closed due to asbestos fears
- Mar| Safety alliance renewed
- Mar| Increase in mine deaths prompts safety alert
- Mar| Company fined over unsafe work environment
- Mar| WA miner’s memorial officially launched
- Feb| Safety inspections to look at floor covering retailers
- Feb| Scaffolding collapse in Sydney
- Feb| Worker fatally injured at NT mine site
- Feb| WorkCover NSW to host powerline safety workshop
- Feb| Assaults of paramedics on the rise