Abnormal working hours may take its toll on you soon. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Take asbestos warnings seriously. Photo: asbestosawareness.com.au
A new study claims people who work shifts for 10 years are more are at great risk from memory loss and weaker brain power.
The annual Tabby awards, which judge the world’s best business apps, have concluded with iAuditor the only entry to take out gold in two categories: Data Access and Collection IT or Business Tool With iAuditor having been used now to conduct over 10,000,000 safety inspections worldwide, the Tabby judges have just discovered what’s made iAuditor …
This month is Asbestos Awareness Month and all Australians are encouraged to actively participate in the activities, which include hosting a ‘Blue Lamington Drive” to raise awareness of asbestos in homes and help raise vital funds for the Asbestos Disease Research Institute and Support Groups.
WorkSafe will hold free information sessions across the State on the new national workplace health and safety laws, visiting regional centres in December.
Electrical Trades Union South West organiser Dan McGaw says the number of suicide deaths among fly in fly out (FIFO) workers in the Surat Basin has reached a “disgraceful” level.
With high temperatures expected to continue for the next few days, the Electrical Trades Union is warning outdoor workers about the various risks of working in extreme heat.
Police have launched investigations into the death of a coal seam gas worker at the APLNG Reedy Creek camp near Yuleba, east of Roma last week.
The family of a worker killed last month at a construction site in Kilburn north of Adelaide says they were kept in the dark over plans to construct a memorial plaque at the site.
A recent coronial inquest on quad bikes has revealed that one in five people killed in a quad bike incident in Australia is a child.
Also Making News
- Nov| First International Conference on Asbestos Awareness and Management delegates communique
- Nov| Alleged Safety Breach Halts Sydney Convention Centre Construction
- Nov| Man injured in windmill incident
- Nov| Worker seriously injured after fall
- Nov| 28 workers killed in a month
- Nov| Grocon Fined $250,000 Over Fatal Wall Collapse
- Nov| Construction work safety a must
- Nov| Work-related injuries and illnesses on the decline
- Nov| Young Worker Killed After Forklift Overturned
- Nov| Crane operator dies on Sydney building site
- Nov| All Victorians encouraged to take part in Jobs at Home Day
- Nov| Worker hospitalised after electric shock
- Nov| Report: Work-related fatalities associated with unsafe design
- Nov| Safer Towns, Safer Communities event at Broken Hill and Menindee
- Nov| Food company fined for worker’s crush injury