Many suicides are also work-related. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
A recent survey conducted by Comcare showed that perceptions of people who suffered work-related injuries, their relationship with their employer as well as their own personal characteristics can influence the length of time they are away from work and the cost of their claims.
A new report released by the World Health Organization reaffirms that suicide can indeed be prevented.
The Australian Mesothelioma Registry (AMR) has released its third annual report that shows rates of new cases and deaths from mesothelioma in the country.
Firefighters had to evacuate the driver of a train that caught fire on Tuesday night in Granville, West Sydney.
As South Australia observes Safe Work Week, SafeWork SA reminds everyone to think of safety before work starts, not after an incident or when time allows.
An increase in the number of workers seriously injured while using machinery over the past 12 months prompted WorkCover NSW to launch an industry safety project next month to prevent more injuries from happening.
More inspection programs targeted towards restaurants will be conducted throughout the 2014/15 financial year, according to WorkSafe WA.
A worker has been killed after falling down an elevator shaft near a conveyor belt at BHP Biliton’s Worsley alumina refinery in WA’s south-west.
A bakery in Applecross, Western Australia has been fined $9000 and more than $900 in costs over serious injuries of a worker when he was trapped in a dough mixer.
Also Making News
- Sep| Serious About Farm Safety guide now available
- Sep| Workplace injuries in Bundaberg taking a downward trend
- Sep| WorkSafe probing man’s death at WA construction site
- Sep| Car Hits Truck Carrying House in Gympie
- Sep| Workers hospitalised after inhaling fumes from chemical spill
- Sep| Man crushed to death in workplace incident
- Sep| Man injured in mining accident at Wambo mine
- Sep| South Australians encouraged to be involved in Safe Work Week
- Sep| Asbestos awareness training for new apprentices in SA
- Sep| Finalists for Queensland Safe Work Awards announced
- Sep| Worker suffers severe burns in NT petrol blast
- Sep| Company fined for violating OHS Act
- Sep| Police officer hurt in molotov cocktail attack at Brindabella business park
- Sep| VWA: Commitment to improve work health and safety seen as key driver in positive financial result