Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Abnormal working hours may take its toll on you soon. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
A new report on the attitudes of Australian workers towards acceptance of risk taking and rule breaking in the workplace as measured by the Perception of Work Health and Safety Survey 2012-13 is now available.
A new study claims people who work shifts for 10 years have a greater risk of memory loss and weaker brain power.
The annual Tabby awards, which judge the world’s best business apps, have concluded with iAuditor the only entry to take out gold in two categories: Data Access and Collection IT or Business Tool With iAuditor having been used now to conduct over 10,000,000 safety inspections worldwide, the Tabby judges have just discovered what’s made iAuditor …
NSW residents with loose-fill asbestos in their home will receive further assistance package. The NSW Government through Minister for Finance and Services, Dominic Perrottet, made the announcement.
A Queensland court has ordered a Mount Isa company to pay a former employee $700,000 plus legal costs following an incident where the woman was hospitalised a day after she swept uncovered fertiliser at the company’s store.
A quad bike incident in Queensland’s Southern Burnett region has left an eight-year old girl nursing serious injuries to her lower limbs.
Safe Work Australia has released the Australian Workers’ Compensation Statistics 2012-13 report. This is the 21st annual report that uses the National Data Set for Compensation-based Statistics (NDS).
There were 18 work-related notifiable fatalities during September 2014 with male workers accounting for 13 of the 18 fatalities. 3 were female bystanders and 2 male bystanders.
A plumber and father of two has been killed after falling into a collapsed trench at a building site in Sydney’s north-west.
Also Making News
- Dec| Workplace incidents claim seven lives in seven weeks
- Dec| Man injured in farming incident
- Dec| Woman hospitalised after quad bike crash
- Dec| Mining company says safety a top priority
- Dec| Man Killed After Falling 5m at a Cairns Business
- Dec| New safety reforms focus on dangerous goods
- Dec| Harmonious workplaces information sessions to be held in 2015
- Dec| Worker fall incident could set record in work safety penalty
- Dec| Woman injured in quad bike incident
- Dec| Higher compensation claims from young workers noticed
- Dec| Worker crushed to death at central Queensland underground coal mine
- Dec| WorkCover urges care around kegs during festive season
- Dec| Man hospitalised after gas leak
- Dec| Death of SA Volunteer Firefighter to Be Investigated
- Dec| Man dies after being run over by tractor