Paramedics work in uncertain situations.
A rise in fatal truck incidents was observed in 2014. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Photo Source: Pixabay
A new advertising campaign aimed at preventing violence against health workers has been launched in South Australia.
A report released by the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport, and Regional Economics (BITRE) shows there was an increase in the number of fatal truck crash incidences in 2014 compared to the previous year.
Fatigue, work accidents, and other hazardous work outcomes are sometimes associated with lack of sleep. And while having a good night sleep is important, sleeping in the dark is also recommended.
The Electrical Safety Office is calling on electrical contractors to remind customers not to try doing their own electrical repairs following the death of a man this month where a vacuum cleaner was found disassembled, live parts exposed.
Transport companies that carry dangerous goods without appropriate safety equipment will be forced to pay $3000 on-the-spot fines for every missing or outdated piece of equipment.
A WokSafe investigation looking into claims that workers’ safety was compromised during the period leading to Cyclone Olwyn in March this year, has found no evidence to support the allegations.
ReturnToWorkSA is now accepting applications for the appointment of South Australian return to work service providers.
The Work Safety Awards WA 2015 will be open for nomination until 3 July 2015.
A waste management company has been fined $363,000 for breaching federal work health and safety laws following a truck crash incident in the Swan Valley, Western Australia in 2011.
Also Making News
- May| Diver dies after NSW drowning incident
- May| Scaffolding safety alert
- May| Dad whose son died in workplace electrocution to take part in special forum
- May| Man fatally injured in bobcat incident
- May| Workers injured after crane rolls
- May| DMP Reports Show Telfer Mine Fatal Incident Linked To EWP Controls
- May| WorkCover WA Seminar set for June 9th
- May| WA Mining Companies Urged Not To Be Complacent in Safety Matters
- May| Malicious Fire Hits Kingaroy Shoppingworld
- May| Farmer Injured After He Was Kicked By A Cow
- May| Workplace incident claims Queensland man’s life
- May| Man Killed in Tas Quad Bike Incident
- May| Ultralight Airplane Pilot Killed in Hunter Valley Crash
- May| FarmSafe Australia Advises Farmers to Be Extra Vigilant