Photo: Blake Pelling
Are you at risk? Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Sitting down all day is really, really bad for you. It’s something we’ve heard about for a while, but recent studies have confirmed that sitting down can reduce your lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
Links between workplace health and safety measures and better business performance have been identified in a new report released by the University of Melbourne.
Safe Work Australia has recently released an updated worker fatalities report with 140 Australian workers killed at work as at 21 October 2014.
WorkSafe Act’s Healthier Work service hosted its second networking breakfast for the members of the Canberra business community.
WorkCover NSW is reminding everyone to always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using portable beer keg system following the rupture of a gas-pressurised keg on October 10 which left a 23-year old man injured severely.
California, USA – A pool worker was awarded $6.7 million after he suffered severe burns while at work.
A company was fined $27,000 plus costs after failing to take reasonable care when installing and mounting bedside computer monitors at the Port Augusta Hospital. The incident happened in June 2012. A patient at the hospital sustained injury to his legs when the bedside monitor fell on him. Investigations revealed that the monitor was not …
Transafe WA will hold its first regional Road Transport Industry Safety Forum in Geraldton on Monday 24 November 2014.
A company in South Australia was fined $48,000 plus costs after a worker sustained severe crush injuries and multiple leg fractures from a workplace incident. The company was prosecuted for failing to provide and maintain plant in a safe condition having failed to adequately guard a paver stacking machine. The workers was operating the paver …
Also Making News
- Oct| New online program to reduce cancer risks in workplaces
- Oct| Man seriously injured after falling at a Queensland cattle property
- Oct| Transport Association Calls on Business to Brief Drivers
- Oct| Brisbane metal factory fire being probed
- Oct| Fuel exhaustion forces plane emergency landing
- Oct| Man dies after being trapped under shipping container
- Oct| Public comment on WA’s workplace safety laws accepted
- Oct| Mining contractor fined over worker’s death
- Oct| Worker killed in SA construction site
- Oct| The 5th Annual NT Workplace Health and Safety Conference
- Oct| Return to Work Awards 2014 winners announced
- Oct| Alive and Well stand at the National Field Days