Image: Hilmi Hacaloğlu (VOA)/Wikimedia Commons
Firefighters risk lives to save people. Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Australia records lowest work-related deaths in 11 years; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
An independent audit of the state’s mine safety system has uncovered critical gaps in Tasmania’s mine safety regulations.
Each year hundreds of Australian workers die from work-related injuries. Safe Work Australia recorded more than two thousand work-related deaths over the past eleven years. The agriculture, forestry and fishing industry recorded the highest number of fatalities in 2013 (49), followed by the transport, postal and warehousing (46) and construction (19) industries.
New data released by Safe Work Australia showed that Australian workplaces have recorded the lowest number of work-related deaths in 11 years.
A painting firm was fined $80,000 plus legal fees on Wednesday due to severe injuries that a 22-year old worker suffered while at work.
A house construction Demo Day will be held at Oran Park Town Centre on 12 August and WorkCover NSW is inviting all builders, sub-contractors and construction workers throughout the Macarthur District to participate in the event.
The Department of Mines and Petroleum Western Australia has announced the appointment of Ross Stidolph as the new director for Dangerous Goods and Petroleum Safety.
The Saturday afternoon aborted landing of a Qantas plane is being probed by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB).
Data indicates many farmers are embracing the message about quad bike safety with signs the death rate is going down.
Feedback is being sought from businesses which manufacture, handle or use products that contain one or more of the 84 toxic chemicals of security concern as well as members of the community on the measures designed to minimise the risks of common chemicals being used to make toxic weapons.
Also Making News
- Jul| Review on the impact of WHS Act in SA to be completed in November
- Jul| Data shows farm injuries on the rise in South Australia
- Jul| International Air Transport Association promises to act on safety after a week of fatal accidents
- Jul| Hunter mine incident highlights need to have adequate risk management programs
- Jul| Search operations for missing seafarer ceased
- Jul| Stockman injured in cattle station incident
- Jul| Worker killed after trench collapses at Fortitude Valley worksite
- Jul| Man Missing After Falling Off Crude Oil Tanker
- Jul| Currimundi business goes up in flames
- Jul| Engineering Issue Forces Tigerair Plane To Divert Flight
- Jul| Cane Train Derails in Bundaberg
- Jul| Train Full of Sugar Cane Derails at South of Mossman
- Jul| Fair Work Commission orders halt to industrial action at Barangaroo
- Jul| Truck Smashes Through Bridge Railing, Driver Unhurt
- Jul| Worker killed in Bobcat incident