Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A man has been airlifted to hospital after being struck by a tree he was cutting down in north-east New South Wales.
The NSW Resources Regulator has released a preliminary report into the recent Hunter Valley mine fatality.
The 2019 WorkCover WA Conference will be held on 8 and 9 May 2019 at the Pan Pacific Hotel, Perth.
A man in his mid-50s has died in hospital following an explosion at a power station in Victoria’s east.
WorkSafe Victoria is reminding workers and employers to stay focused on safety as the festive season approaches.
A man has been flown to hospital after being struck by a large tree branch at a workplace in South East Queensland.
Also Making News
- Nov| New National Return to Work Survey Report Released
- Nov| Quad bike crash sends one to hospital
- Nov| Farm vehicles behind rise in farm deaths
- Nov| Mining company fined $65,000 over death of worker in WA
- Nov| Horse breeder killed in farm incident near Warwick
- Nov| Study highlights benefits of reducing sitting time at work
- Nov| Builder fined 22K over apprentice’s serious injury
- Nov| WorkSafe WA checklist highlights safety issues in fuel retailing
- Nov| Small Business Safety Workshop in Maroochydore
- Nov| Hunter Valley mine worker dies in industrial incident
- Nov| Energy Company Fined Over Safety Breach
- Nov| Man dies after quad bike crash in north Queensland
- Nov| Man injured in grinder incident
- Nov| Sydney Electrical Engineering Summit to Focus on Safety
- Nov| Worker injured in drill bit incident