Excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions but replacing an hour of sitting with standing can reduce health risks – this and more will be presented at Sports Medicine Australia’s be active 2014 conference this week in Canberra.
According to the 16th edition of Safe Work Australia’s Comparative Performance Monitoring report published this month, work-related compensated injury fatalities are at their lowest level since 2002.
A recent survey conducted by Comcare showed that perceptions of people who suffered work-related injuries, their relationship with their employer as well as their own personal characteristics can influence the length of time they are away from work and the cost of their claims.
WorkCover NSW and Ferrovial Agroman Australia have signed an agreement to ensure workers’ safety during the construction of the Sancrox Road Interchange Project.
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation and hundreds were forcibly evacuated after a blaze broke out in a large factory in Sydney’s southwest Friday.
A man who was involved in a quad bike crash in south-western New South Wales on Saturday afternoon died in hospital a short time later.
With recent statistics pointing to a sharp increase in quad bike related incidents across Australian farms, farm safety authorities are promising to ensure measures are put in place to prevent these incidents.
Two semi-trailer trucks have reportedly collided with a car on the Bruce Highway near Glasshouse at around 6:25 Thursday morning.
A fully loaded manganese train has reportedly hits a light vehicle which was stuck on the rail tracks near Katherine in the Northern Territory early Monday morning.
Also Making News
- Oct| Inspection program to look into tree lopping and gardening sector
- Oct| Safety regulator reminds Victorian bus operators to put premium on workplace safety
- Oct| Quad bike safety – Farmers urged to look for safer options
- Oct| NSW Truck Company Pleads Guilty For Letting Drivers Work Long Hours
- Oct| Work Health and Safety Virtual Seminar Series
- Oct| Free health and safety seminars in Victoria
- Oct| Businesses in WA urged to focus more on the mental health of workers
- Oct| Driver Survives Crash As Cement Truck Hits House
- Oct| Three People Dead After Truck Smashes 4WD
- Oct| Research aims to improve safety by predicting mine and other collapses
- Oct| Worker Loses Arm In Beer Keg Explosion
- Oct| Man injured in quad bike rollover
- Oct| Partnership to foster safety in the automotive industry