The job of a spotter also commonly referred to as a safety observer is essential to maintaining a safe work site. It is the sole task of the spotter, the person at the helm of mobile plant movements to provide on-site guidance, ensuring that mobile plant does not come into contact with objects or persons it can cause damage to or injury.
A Safe Work Method Statements sets out the logical sequence of job steps required to complete work activities. Used to identify and determine risks involved with work activities, a SWMS should identify hazards and control measures required to complete the task efficiently and safely. Considered an administrative control a safe work method statement is used …
Commonly used in warehouse, industrial, transport and logistic settings, the use of forklifts in workplaces can present serious hazards.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A man was airlifted to John Hunter Hospital after an incident involving a tractor in north east New South Wales Friday.
Queensland Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke will be in Gladstone for the Safe Work Month Breakfast Forum on Friday October 28 from 7am to 9am. WorkCover Queensland is urging local business leaders and work safety professionals to attend the event.
A woman who was injured at work 26 years ago lost her bid for ongoing compensation from Comcare following $42,000 worth of treatment.
A mining company has been fined $95,000 in relation to an incident that brought serious injuries to a worker three years ago.
The Queensland government has launched an ad safety campaign to try to reduce the toll of injury and fatality in the agriculture industry.
A 62-year-old man has died after he became trapped inside a collapsed mine shaft in central west Queensland.
Also Making News
- Oct| Woman hospitalised after falling from horse
- Oct| Man injured after being kicked by a bull
- Oct| Man injured from ladder fall airlifted to hospital
- Oct| DMP reminds mining and petroleum operators to ensure site safety during cyclone season
- Oct| Safety champions recognised in 2016 NSCA Awards
- Oct| Campaign to increase awareness of risks from welding fumes and wood dust launched
- Oct| Man injured in workshop blaze, south of Perth
- Oct| Two men suffer burns after cane harvester explodes in North Queensland
- Oct| Funding cuts to work safety contributed to rise in work-related deaths in WA, union says
- Oct| Workplaces urged to be first aid ready
- Oct| Ranger suffers electric shock north of Brisbane
- Oct| Safe Work and Return to Work Awards winners announced
- Oct| Workplace injuries in Victoria hits record low
- Oct| Teen killed in quad bike crash in New Zealand
- Oct| Inspection program in the wholesale industry reveals serious safety concerns