When it comes to making mistakes in the workplace there are two different kinds; ignorance and ineptitude. This post includes the difference between both, a real life story of how ineptitude can be a potential killer, and a simple solution as to how it can be avoided.
Are you a Health and Safety expert or industry leader that has a story to share? We want to hear all about it!
With over 2000 subscribers the SafetyCulture OHS News Page is dedicated to bringing the latest workplace safety news to its growing community.
We all know some jobs carry a higher risk than others. Often when we start a job, task or activity we are aware and cautious of this risk. As time goes on, many of us become comfortable, with a false sense of security of the dangers associated with the task we’re undertaking.
A report released by Monash University shows stress and burnout are some of the health and safety concerns raised by workers in schools, TAFEs and other education services.
A company in Kalgoorlie was found negligent after a worker suffered burns to his body during a social function at the company’s premises in November 2011.
A Taiwanese meatworker who appeared on a TV program to be the face of alleged exploitation of working holiday visa workers has been stood down from work after helping an injured co-worker.
A union is accusing an oil and gas company of bullying after workers complained of dictatorial style of management wherein workers are “placed under intense pressure by punitive managers where minor breaches have automatically resulted in first and final warnings.”
New resource management regulations complementing existing safety and environmental regulations come into effect this month
New regulations for the petroleum and geothermal industries which complements the existing safety and environmental regulations in Western Australia come into effect this month.
A man is in critical condition after two trucks figured in an incident on the Bruce Highway, north of Rockhampton early Friday morning.
Also Making News
- Jul| Truck Crash at Goodna Critically Injures Driver
- Jul| Track rider dies after Caulfield fall
- Jul| Man killed in fencing incident in Queensland
- Jul| To Reduce Fatigue-Related Incidents, Workers Started To Have Their Brains Monitored
- Jul| Quad bike safety on the spotlight as 12 Australians killed in six months
- Jul| Man killed in NSW workplace incident
- Jul| Man airlifted after quad bike crash
- Jul| Man killed in Victoria workplace incident
- Jul| Driver seriously injured in two-truck crash
- Jul| Parliamentary inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville recommends chemical testing
- Jul| Safety forum on heavy vehicle safety to be held in Bunbury
- Jul| Further inspection program to be conducted following vehicle hoists safety issues
- Jul| Man injured in quad bike fall
- Jul| Lawyers raise alarm over new SA compensation laws