Photo: Taco-Fleur, Pixabay
Volvo Trucks has introduced a new safety function which will make it easier for truck drivers to keep a safer distance from the vehicle ahead and avoid dangerous situations.
Maternal exposure to solvent in the workplace tied to higher risk for autism in children, study says
A new study shows that children of mothers who are often exposed to solvents in the workplace may suffer from an increased risk of autism.
Workplaces with active lifestyle program can improve health outcomes for workers with metabolic syndrome
A new study has found that workplaces introducing a personalised active lifestyle program for workers with metabolic syndrome can improve their health outcomes.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
An incident in March 2019 in which a student sustained serious burns and a staff member minor burns during a science experiment in school prompted Workplace Health and Safety Queensland to release an incident alert.
All is set for the Department of Mines, Industry Regulations and Safety’s presentation of the Community Partnership Award and the Golden Gecko Awards for Environmental Excellence.
SafeWork NSW is investigating an incident in which a sawmiller was injured after being struck on the head by the rotating blade on a circular saw.
WorkCover WA will hold a seminar next month to provide an introduction to the workers’ compensation scheme in Western Australia.
SafeWork NSW will hold an event starting next month to put focus on silica safety.
Safe Work Australia is evaluating the Workplace Exposure Standards for airborne contaminants and will soon be releasing draft evaluation reports and recommendations for public comment.
Also Making News
- Jul| Latest fatality figures released
- Jul| Quad Bike Safety Rebate Scheme Now Available For Tasmanian Farmers
- Jul| Workplace dust, fumes linked to lung disease for more than 1 in 10 people
- Jul| National Safe Work Month 2019 theme revealed
- Jul| ACT boosts mental health protection of working Canberrans with appointment of new psychological health officer
- Jul| Taskforce to oversee removal of waste chemicals at dangerous goods site
- Jul| WorkSafe WA targets commercial vehicle drivers
- Jul| Vic man dies after being struck by tree
- Jul| Farm hand killed while felling trees in Buxton
- Jul| Fatigue linked to 2018 Bulga mine truck collision
- Jul| Study: Tweaking night owls’ sleeping patterns have positive impact on mental health and work performance
- Jul| Business fined $650K over worker’s death
- Jul| Investigations launched after worker sustains serious burns while cutting steel drum
- Jul| Hunter tradesman convicted in relation to bullying young workers
- Jul| Man in hospital after roof fall