Several recent studies have confirmed that prolonged sitting can reduce a person’s lifespan while increasing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, but not much attention has been devoted to the effects of prolonged standing at work, despite previous studies linking it to chronic back pain and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). A new research has …
Australia’s top comparison site, www.finder.com.au has recently compiled a list of the most dangerous jobs in the country based on the most recent government data.
With a business, projects, and deadlines to keep in mind, business operators have a lot to keep track of. To add to this, business operators are also required to keep and supply a paper trail of documents to demonstrate compliance with workplace health and safety legislation and standards. Essential for compliance purposes, adequate workplace health and …
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
SafeWork is holding seven free industry workshops from February 1 to 26.
Stressed principals in the Northern Territory will now be able to receive $600 from the Government to use for gym memberships and wellness programs.
A man has been crushed to death by a bobcat in Bundaberg.
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency has recently released two important documents reporting on Australia’s work towards an asbestos-free country.
A safety alert issued by Safe Work NSW reminds people who handle packs of glass sheets not to rely on the packaging to support the contents when the package is being lifted or opened.
WorkSafe New Zealand reminds businesses and workers to keep fatigue out of the workplace.
Also Making News
- Jan| Man injured after being struck by tree branch
- Jan| Brothers dead after workplace incident in north Queensland town
- Jan| One stop shop online safety toolkit launched
- Jan| Grants for sun safety education and awareness programs
- Jan| WorkSafe inspection program looks at asbestos in plant
- Jan| Man killed in farming incident in Far North Queensland
- Jan| Woman airlifted after quad bike crash in Western Australia
- Jan| Victoria’s on-the-job fatalities rise in 2017
- Jan| Mandatory labour hire licensing scheme to start soon in Queensland
- Jan| WorkSafe, WorkWell initiative to improve mental health of Victorian workers
- Jan| Queenslanders urged to prioritise electrical safety when working in the yard this summer break
- Jan| August 2017 Notifiable Fatalities Monthly Report Released
- Jan| TruckSafe operators ready to meet changes to the chain of responsibility laws
- Jan| Worker dies in NZ building site
- Jan| 175 Australian workers killed in 2017