New research by the University of South Australia shows eating a snack just after midnight might the key to working overnight.
Workplace injuries significantly increase a person’s risk of suicide or overdose death, according to a study led by researchers from Boston University School of Public Health.
Declining job security in coal mining has been identified as a major mine safety risk factor in a new survey of 1,000 Queensland coal miners.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
A company has been fined $120,000 in the Geelong Magistrates’ Court on Friday for exposing workers to the risk of serious injury.
A new app will help make reporting dangerous work practices and risks to workers’ safety easier.
The finalists of the annual Safe Work NSW awards have been announced.
A building company has been fined $47,500 over a tilt-up panel fell from a building being constructed onto a neighbouring car park.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) has released a code of practice and guideline for ground control of WA mining operations.
Safe Work Australia is encouraging everyone to become a BeUpstanding Champion to encourage workplaces to stand up, sit less and move more.
Also Making News
- Oct| South Australian cladding audit report findings released
- Oct| First framework to address sexual violence in Queensland launched
- Oct| New Zealand worker killed by falling 300kg ramp
- Oct| Mandatory rollover protection for quad bikes
- Oct| New Bill to allow government to pursue building practitioners who install non-compliant cladding
- Oct| Safety reminder released following falling boat incident
- Oct| Bus operator charged over 2017 death of driver
- Oct| Boy, 13, injured in quad bike crash at Cessnock
- Oct| 2019 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards winners announced
- Oct| Workplace fatality figures updated
- Oct| Tyre recycling company fined $80K over young worker’s injuries
- Oct| Electrical contractor loses licence following negligent work
- Oct| Mental health in the workplace is important, says Safe Work Australia
- Oct| Ladder safety blitz underway in Victoria
- Oct| WorkSafe Investigating after fatality involving truck near Bena