20 percent of people aged 18 to 29 used cannabis in the last 12 months; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
Prolonged sitting poses serious health risk; Photo: SafetyCulture Library
The Australian Mesothelioma Registry (AMR) has released its third annual report that shows rates of new cases and deaths from mesothelioma in the country.
A new survey from the Australian Drug Foundation revealed that one in ten workers take sick days or are affected by drugs at work.
A new study conducted by researchers led by Professor Leon Straker of Curtin University revealed that excessive occupational sitting can lead to serious health conditions including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer.
An incident where a worker was seriously injured after being trapped under a truck is being investigated by police and Victorian WorkCover Authority.
An excavator driver was injured on Monday morning after his machine overturned at the Riverview dump in New South Wales.
SafeWork SA is inviting business owners, employers, managers, supervisors, safety and health representatives and OSH managers to participate in one of the Safe Work October 2014 workshops.
An alliance between WorkCover NSW and Hansen Yuncken was signed on Tuesday to ensure that a safe workplace will be provided during the Wagga Wagga Health Service Redevelopment.
A worker has died after being trapped between two trucks at Kwinana in Western Australia.
A farmer was seriously injured after getting stuck under his tractor on Saturday afternoon.
Also Making News
- Aug| New Comcare chief begins work
- Aug| Cross Border Project promoting construction site safety
- Aug| NSW Worker Critical After Roof Fall
- Aug| Caretaker Remains Missing as Fire Hits Steel Factory
- Aug| Man crushed to death in workplace incident
- Aug| New app for injured workers now available
- Aug| New safety measure: visible tags required in Canberra’s Mr Fluffy homes
- Aug| Free chemical classification information sessions
- Aug| New WA mining safety legislation gets a go from state government
- Aug| Transpacific Grounds Entire Fleet Following Fatal Crash
- Aug| Focusing on safety to reduce workplace injury
- Aug| Work Safe Western Australia Safety and Health Workshops 2014
- Aug| SafeWork SA: SafeWork Awards 2014 Gala Dinner
- Aug| Heavy rains cause wall collapse