Image Source: MIC website
48% of respondents who had experienced domestic violence disclosed it to a manager or supervisor and only 10% found their response helpful. Photo: Unsplash, Pixabay
Inquest recommends stricter rules for quad bikes as the number of deaths related to the vehicle reaches 19 in 2015
Helmets, mandatory licenses and banning children under the age of 16 are just some of the recommendations a coroner looking in quad bike related deaths has found. The inquest into quad bike safety by deputy state coroner Sharon Freund, investigated the deaths of eight Australians, including three children, who died in quad bike incidents in …
Death from suicide is six times more likely in the construction industry than workplace-related fatality, this according to MATES in Construction (MIC) – a national suicide prevention group.
One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence.. one in five women experience harassment within the workplace. This is still happening even in developed countries like Australia… unfortunately.
Subscribe to OHS News
Keep up to date with everything OHS related in Australia, receive news as it breaks in your inbox.
Please enter your email address below.
Tributes have been left at a building site in East Perth where two workers were crushed to death in a workplace incident on Wednesday morning.
November had been a particularly bad month for the state with five workers killed over a period of ten days in work-related incidents.
If freight is not unpacked safely or if it becomes unstable during transit, workers unpacking can be at risk of serious injury or death.
A construction company and one of its project managers have been fined more than 55,000 following an incident where a crane rolled over during the construction of a hall at a Prestons Catholic School.
A wool-processing business has been convicted and fined $75,000 in the Melbourne Magistrates Court after a truck driver suffered spinal injuries.
The roof of the maternity ward of Lismore Base Hospital in northern New South Wales reportedly collapsed after a scaffolding fall onto the roof during the recent heavy rains late Sunday afternoon.
Also Making News
- Nov| DMP Warns Drivers To use Seatbelts After Fatal Haul Truck Incident
- Nov| North Queensland Ultralight Plane Crash Claims Pilot’s Life
- Nov| Driver Penalised For Driving Too Long Without Rest
- Nov| Worker Killed at Tarong Power station
- Nov| Man loses arm after harvester incident
- Nov| NSW Department of Resources and Energy Highlighted the Importance of Procedural Controls
- Nov| Gardener hospitalised after being struck by a tree branch in Sydney
- Nov| Two construction workers killed in Perth
- Nov| Worker dies after falling from scaffolding
- Nov| Worker dies at a Western Australia mine
- Nov| 19 quad bike fatalities this year alone
- Nov| Asbestos Awareness Seminar held in Adelaide
- Nov| Workers reminded to take extra care in the lead-up to Christmas
- Nov| Teen injured while working on a vehicle